What's new

Sterling thimble, IHPs, and a cherry barber dime

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled out of a mini-slump today at one of my go-to parks. With all the recent wet weather I was digging some deep signals. Pulled this sterling thimble first...my first silver thimble. Reportedly it was made in 1898 by Simons Brothers.

IMG_5818.webp IMG_5819.webp IMG_5827.webp IMG_5820.webp

Over the next hour or so I pulled my nicest barber dime yet and two IHPs:

IMG_5812.webp IMG_5813.webp IMG_5822.webp

Thanks for looking all & happy hunting!
 
Upvote 40
Awesome finds. Only thimbles I seem to get are brass! [emoji2]
 
Great looking silver thimble, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Great stuff... Congrats!
 
Congrats on digging one off of my bucketlist
 
very nice finds
 
Beauty of a thimble. My first thimble was Sterling too, but slightly warped.
 
Nice finds. I like the thimble. Pretty sweet!
 
That Barber is really mint almost. I have not found a thimble of any sort yet. Congrats:icon_thumright:
 
Nice finds Murray. I like that sterling thimble.
 
Very nice finds. The thimble is really sweet, alas, I have only found aluminum ones. Excellent Barber too.

Well played!
 
Wouldn't that be interesting, if that was a 1916-d dime. ;)

Great saves!
 
Congratz! That Barber dime is in awesome condition (I found a 1916s about 2 weeks ago). And that thimble is gorgeous!!! I want to find a silver thimble so bad! If I do, I hope it looks as good as your does!
 
very much appreciate the replies all - happy hunting!!
 
Wow that barber and thimble are amazing! It's tough to find a thimble in such nice shape since they usually got crushed by rocks and lawn mowers. I'm just down the road in West Orange. Congrats on a nice local dig!
 
Congrats on that silver thimble,and as already stated very few dug are silver,Your dime is in awesome condition.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom