What's new

Still - Always something.

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't think I'd make it out today but did for about 1/2 hour just before dark - picked up these.

I'll keep sayin' it when doesn't happen an longer - "It's always something and it's usually something pretty nice and/or unusual."
 

Attachments

  • 8 21.webp
    8 21.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 8 21a.webp
    8 21a.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
That larger piece looks as if it has hafting notches. Am I correct? Also, what is that piece called? I have similar works, but are made of hard stone. Thank you
 
That larger piece looks as if it has hafting notches. Am I correct? Also, what is that piece called? I have similar works, but are made of hard stone. Thank you

Thanks NC field hunter, here's a closer look. I believe the material is flint and I see what might be "notches" that you're talking about. I don't think that that it is notched though, the spot on the top edge of the first photo is actually chipped - maybe a graver spur before the damage.

Also look at the bottom edge in the second photo - you can see the break.
 

Attachments

  • scra1.webp
    scra1.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 82
  • scra2.webp
    scra2.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom