Coins will be shipped from

Joseph Novak
696 Meta lake Road
Eagle River WI 54501

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
Northwoods Pawn Shop
Not Rated | Write a Review
5196 W Hwy 70, Eagle River, WI 54521

(715 477-0355

i found this

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mj-air23 said:
This is what he sent me:

Coins will be shipped from

Joseph Novak
696 Meta lake Road
Eagle River WI 54501

That's what I received, same address

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
did anyone call the pawn shop??

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
maybe he works there and is stealing the coins and selling them. may have got busted

jgang

Mar 31, 2011
Greetings. First post here. Looks like I'm a "Joe Novak" victim too. Has anyone learned anything recently? I sent him a USPS money order that arrived at Meta Lake, WI on Wednesday. Nothing from him. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
jgang said:
Greetings. First post here. Looks like I'm a "Joe Novak" victim too. Has anyone learned anything recently? I sent him a USPS money order that arrived at Meta Lake, WI on Wednesday. Nothing from him. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

I would check with the post office. I think it is fraud to accept a PO money order and not send the goods.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received an update from the officer in WI working on the case. He just called me to let me know that they are getting closer to nailing this bum. Your right mick56 now the Postal Fraud unit is involved and they are going after him big time. Hopefully you get your money back Jason from the postal service which I think you will if you opened a claim. Charlie

P.S. Internet fraud is a Federal Offence as is Postal.

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
this is all very interesting. How much money we talking about total? That we know of that is?

Either way if it was 10 bucks or 1000 this guys gonna end up in a sweet american jail where he can get all cleaned up and maybe get an education too!

Honestly the important thing here is everyone involved can somehow get their money back.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is so much internet fraud that the FBI only investigates cases over $100,000. In my experiences the local police are unwilling to help. I dont know about the Post Office. Chances of getting any money back are slim.

tmanly

May 28, 2010
the Pawn Shop address comes back as Millers Boat and dock lift on google Earth map, The other one seems to be out in the country

wtwtw

Jul 10, 2011
Clearwater, Fl
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Beach hunter id300
Any amount of money over $300.00 at least in the state of Florida is a felony. This is not a total of multiple thefts. It means each occurance over a total of $300.00 is a felony. $299.99 or under is not a felony. If he took more than one person for over $300.00 each. Then each one would be one count of a felony

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wtwtw said:
Any amount of money over $300.00 at least in the state of Florida is a felony. This is not a total of multiple thefts. It means each occurance over a total of $300.00 is a felony. $299.99 or under is not a felony. If he took more than one person for over $300.00 each. Then each one would be one count of a felony
That may be true but try to get someone to prosecute. If its out of the country you can just forget it.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the story here? Guy post in classifieds and then??
How many people lost, and how much?
I haven't been burned but a couple times in the last decade, and ended up getting money back only due to epay and/or paypuck protection (one good thing about buying there)...
Could he possibly been hurt or died, etc.?

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Silver Surfer said:
I haven't been burned but a couple times in the last decade, and ended up getting money back only due to epay and/or paypuck protection (one good thing about buying there)...

1. Dude was selling the same lot / various forms of the same lot of coins to several members here simultaneously.

2. Members sent funds.

3. Dude didn't send coins and stopped communication.

I "purchased" a lot of halves (if I remember correctly it was 53 X 90%) and never heard back from the seller. Paypal recovered all of my funds. I believe several other members didn't recover their funds, mainly due to sending Paypal "gift". I realize the expense of Paypal, what with all the fees, but the protection of having several hundreds of dollars recovered is worth it. YMMV.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ramjet2187 said:
Silver Surfer said:

1. Dude was selling the same lot / various forms of the same lot of coins to several members here simultaneously.

2. Members sent funds.

3. Dude didn't send coins and stopped communication.

I "purchased" a lot of halves (if I remember correctly it was 53 X 90%) and never heard back from the seller. Paypal recovered all of my funds. I believe several other members didn't recover their funds, mainly due to sending Paypal "gift". I realize the expense of Paypal, what with all the fees, but the protection of having several hundreds of dollars recovered is worth it. YMMV.

That's not quite true, actually a bunch of us received our money back even if we sent it as a gift including myself. I lost touch with the sheriff that was handling the case ( His e-mail is not in service anymore ) and they where close to nabbing him and yes they knew who the culprit was and hopefully they convicted him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread