Still more pics from the "Box"

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Still more pics from the "Box"

These are the last pics from the tackle box! I hope you have enjoyed checking out the goodies.

Pic 1.... I have found 46 world coins over the years that represent 14 different countries. The countries are; Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal and last but not least, Spain.
The oldest one is a Louis XVI (179?), found on a lakeshore beach at an old boyscout camp.

Pic 2.... Showing the cheapo jewelry and also the various tokens I have found over the years.

So that's it! Now, as a detectorist, in order for you to fill your box, you must think "outside the box"! LOL!

Good luck!..............HH to all!

Attachments

• worldcoins.JPG
    worldcoins.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,068
  • costumetokens.JPG
    costumetokens.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 2,061
Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Re: Still more pics from the "Box"

Nice bunch of coins. Especially the Louis XVI.

So do you spend your time in Maine or in West-byGod-Virginia?

I checked the map to see where Moundsville was... thinking it was south of Ohio and to my surprise you are way north of me in WV. I tend to think of WV being south... goes to show... we learn every day.

Thanks for sharing your treasures with us.

Have you ever gone further south looking for or investigating any of Swift's buried silver? Something is compelling me to ask you that.

HH
Sanat

ferrabi

Jan 19, 2008

nice veriety
is that peso silver? the big one in the bottom left corner. i got one just like

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, nice finds...last year I came across more foreign coins than anything else. Seems like you came across a bunch as well. I think there was a post last year about this. I like them though...its neat to see how other countries design their currency.

S

seger98

And I thought I was the only one that kept things in a tackle box, nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions