What's new

Still Searching - Roman Site No.2...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 2 hours on a field where my first dig was a Roman Coin, but only ended up with 2 so we moved on.
I then spent 1.5 hours on the no.1 Roman Site we found this year, but only had 1 Iron Age Fibula & 1 Roman Coin. I then searched 6 fields which landed me the 2nd Roman Site of the year. Lots of big lead so the previous detectorist had missed plenty on here. We ended up with 10 Roman Coins off this site.(still not the great site we need)
So after 8 fields & 6.5 hours (for me) & 3 hours (for Dad) we had;

13 Roman Coins
1919 Silver 3 Pence
Tudor Leather Mount
Bag Seal
Iron Age Fibula
Bits...

The search continues....
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    147.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 10
Sounds like a long day with lot's of walking! Well done!
 
A little silver sweetens things a bit ! better luck next outing .
 
If you put up a thread, I read it. That's because I'm always guaranteed to see some awesome digs. Again I'm not disappointed. All I scored today was a silver quarter so watching your magic is inspirational. Cheers bud

Steve
 
If you put up a thread, I read it. That's because I'm always guaranteed to see some awesome digs. Again I'm not disappointed. All I scored today was a silver quarter so watching your magic is inspirational. Cheers bud

Steve
No magic just a lot of leg work. This Roman Site was only given away by its darker soil that could only be seen from a nearby hill.
 
Roman Coin picture added to top.

The large Ant. Pius - 34mm was one of our largest examples. Shame most were poor quality.
 
If you put up a thread, I read it. That's because I'm always guaranteed to see some awesome digs. Again I'm not disappointed. All I scored today was a silver quarter so watching your magic is inspirational. Cheers bud

Steve

I couldn't have said it better myself
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom