Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally took a picture I can half-way live with. You see why I put my granddaughter's pic on here first. I just now realized I posted this on Valentine's Day. Sorry. I was born and raised in Oklahoma. My Dad's family came up out of Alabama due to the reconstruction and settled in the Indian Nations. My great-grandpa was shot and killed by lawmen in 1904 in the Seminole Nation. Strangely enough for that time, they were arrested by other lawmen and convicted of the crime. Some of my ancestors in the Choctaw Nation knew Belle Starr. They also knew the Dalton's, Younger's, and James', but after they got older they all got religion and would say nothing about the old outlaws, other than I needed to be studyin' on Jesus rather than horse thieves and murderers. Those were some very hard times in the Indian Nations and a lot of bad stuff went on and you did what you had to to get by. I don't hold it against them. It is kinda cool that my Great-grandpa Lee Roy Ginn went before Judge Parker and didn't get hung. With all that info and 50 cents (well, a dollar and a half here in Colorado) I can get a cup of coffee down at the QuikStop. Later ya'll, come see us. Word to your mother and them!

Attachments

• Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 654
Great mug! And welcome to Mug Shots...

Ahhh... Colorado in the mountains in the winter... beautiful.

We'll be wantin' to hear more about them outlaws...

Welcome to Mugshots...Its a fine picture of you and the mountains.
Is this any relation to you?

Marriage Records
Ginn, W.L. , 35 , Stigler , C.N., I.T., to Yancey, Fannie Mrs. , 33 , Stigler , 3 May 1895

Hello,
Welcome to Mug Shots. That is a great shot of you with those buildings and the mountains in the background. A really
fascinating bit of history involved with your ancestry. I for one would like to hear more if you are of a mind to
tell us more. I enjoy reading items about the early Westerners.

Ray

Actually plehbah, that's a dull and snowy Colorado afternoon. But I suspect you're right about nothing left to find, as all I find is modern day change; nothing much older than 20 years. The mountain behind me is honeycombed with old silver mines. Some of them aren't closed off but I'm too scared to go in them. GypsyHeart, we've done quite a bit of family history research and I'm familiar with that W.L. Ginn, but we can't find the relationship. You think there would be being right there in the Choctaw Nation. I know of three W.L Ginn's. One was my grandpa, born in the Choctaw Nation in 1887. The second one is the one you've listed here. It is my understanding the lady he married was a member of the Choctaw Nation. My family married into the Folsom family of the Choctaw Nation. The third W.L. Ginn had his fifteen minutes, or seconds, of fame in the early 1900's, when he was shot and killed during commission of a robbery down around Ardmore. We can't find the family connection with those last two. There was some bad feelings many years ago and my Grandpa had an older brother who split from the family, so maybe those two were from him. The "wild west" sounds pretty cool nowadays, but sometimes I'm kind of thankful that boredom and old age have replaced gunshots and horse accidents as the leading causes of death among adult males in my family. Later, ya'll!

Kool picture, it looks like there are 3 orbs floating around you.

As long as you stay all covered up we can look at your mug.
Nice surroundings!

Welcome to Mug-Shots, intresting storys about your family.
I had a post a few months ago, (She fed Belle Star), about my friend Okie Hillbillie's Grandmother feeding Belle as she traveled through the area.
We have storys also about 'Pretty Boy Floyd' sleeping in the local school house, as he was on the run.
I also had a 'casket handle' given to me, that was supposed to be from his casket, (a little grave robbing) going on. :icon_scratch:

Fossis...............

Welcome to Mug Shots, thanks for posting your picture, it's always nice to a put a face with the name!

Sure is interesting to dig back into the past to see where we all came from. I am sure you can't tell from my picture, but I am 1/4 Chippewa Indian.........

Kathy

Thanks for the welcome all ya'll and for going easy on me in your responses. I finally figured out that avatar thing so I got a picture of me, my wife Maria Candelaria Avina-Meza, formerly of Torreon, Coahuila, Mex., and 2 of the grandkids, Gaby and Quetzalito. We took it last Easter outside the kid's church in Denver, and it's remarkable as it doesn't show me bursting into flames. I'm working real hard to get citizenship for Maria, but all I've done in the last two years is feed money to a lawyer and fill out countless forms. We don't believe in marching around and demanding something for nothing as there is a legal process to follow. It just takes time and money. Hey Fossis, my Dad's cousin, sometime shady character Luther Delaney Ginn recalled that the most amazing thing about Belle Starr he remembered was that she had a horse that would carry her across railroad trestles. The horse knew to step on the ties. When my Grandma Roseberry was about 12 she and her brother were walking home near Seminole and two slick looking dudes stopped and offered them a ride. When they got in they noticed Thompson sub-machine guns lying in the back floorboard. After a mile they told the men that this was where they wanted out, even though it wasn't. From pictures they had seen in the papers Grandma and Uncle Jesse were pretty sure the driver was Choc Floyd. Real nice guy to them, but they just felt a little uncomfortable. Later, ya'll.

Nothing ugly that I can see. I like that pic, you look like a rugged, outdoors guy enjoying the snow and mountains.

:wink: RR

Nothing ugly there brother. Welcome to Mugs. Your avatar is nice also. Great looking family. Seems like some neat things have happened to your family over the years.

john

Gads.

Its like looking into a mirror...get rid of the mustache, add some blond hair, broaden the shoulders, add several inches in height, maybe add a few more wrinkles, and don't forget to increase the waist line...and maybe change the jacket and hat color, and we might be....nah ;D

I like that one Stefen...I'm workin' on a couple of those things. I think I'll keep the moustache, though.

:coffee2: :thumbsup:
RGINN,
welcome into mugs.

Drink your coffee from the QuikStop;
your O.K. with me. ;D

Nice hat. :wink:

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Beautiful background in your pic but, you need to remove the shades and repost yourself and how about a close up of your beautiful family?

Alright, here's without the shades. I'm keepin the hat.

Attachments

• LastScan.jpg
    LastScan.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 377
Very cool glad you lost the shades and gave us a close up of your beautiful wife. And the wee one your holding .... Is ? I live in Oklahoma remember I see more guys in the hat than without!

I'm sorry. That's my granddaughter Gaby as it was taken a couple of years ago. I don't look no different, but the wife got prettier and Gaby got more dangerous. I know it's rude to wear the hat in the house, but I just came in from outside and we took this picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back