Stock Honda mx10 pump + what kind of eductor = 2" dredge success?

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I have a stock Honda mx10 that I got for a decent price, and am wondering if I could get it to provide enough suction on a 2" dredge hose. If so, what kind of setup would you recommend? Infinity jet, tri jet, suction nozzle?

Here is the head vs. GPM curve that Honda puts out for this pump:
wx10-curve.gif

From some tenative trials, it seems to me that this pump might just be on the too small side for a 2" hose, but also the temporary infinity jet that I printed was not set up right either.

Thoughts?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you mean WX10? I had the WX15 on a 2" and that was good for a 2" long arming back about 20 years ago. I would NOT want to try a WX10 on a 2" I don't think you have enough umpf to "make" it work to anything close to anything you could use i a field setting. It might work for a short distance pump for a power sluice and you would move more material than if you dropped down to a 1.5 dredge nozzle

1888.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, yeah I meant the wx10.

By a power washer you mean a high banker? Or you think it might provide enough oomph for a 1.5" dredge hose

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid auto correct got me, I corrected to read correctly to powered sluice. It might run a 1.5" dredge but you can move more material with a shovel than a 1.5" nozzle when you consider having to throw all rocks that won't go up the nozzle.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Stupid auto correct got me, I corrected to read correctly to powered sluice. It might run a 1.5" dredge but you can move more material with a shovel than a 1.5" nozzle when you consider having to throw all rocks that won't go up the nozzle.
AGREED !! BUT it is still fun to run if you cant get your 4 or 5 inch dredge into that area !!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread