What's new

Stolen Excalibur :(

49r Relics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
789
Reaction score
686
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Just a quick note to ask you to keep an eye out for this machine, they broke into my vehicle last night and completely stole everything! Entire stereo system was stolen, my navigation, sirius satellite system and worst of all my Excalibur. It is a bit unusual in that it is a unfinished aluminum except for lower white rod. Please let me know if you ever see this detector either for sale or in the field. It was stolen in the very wonderful town of Antioch, CA (Where we have layed off 30% of our police force). I would expect someone to try using it here in the bay area, but you know thieves they try to get rid of items and get them out of state asap.

Thanks for any help :)

HH, Mark

2jdf2g6.jpg
 

Man, that really stinks, Mark. Sorry to hear that.
Few things in life are lower than a scumbag THIEF! :angry5:
Maybe somebody on here will catch wind of something.... sure hope so! Good luck!











The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
 
Even though it is a unique set-up, do you have the serial number of the unit?.........NGE
 
Thank you for the kind words. I have to make a call to get the serial number but I am working of getting it asap. Our local police have an APB out on our city and surrounding cities for the detector, not the sort of thing your local neighborhood drives around with in the trunk of his car. Luckily, the bad guys left their tactical folding knife in the vehicle with their prints all over it. Keeping my fingers crossed. It is going to take me forever to replace that Excalibur so I would like to get it back.
 
There is a speical place in hell for thieves!! >:(

Good luck on the recovery. Hope they a dumb enough to go to the closest pawn shop or put it on the local craigslist.
 
Dumb thieves break through a sunroof to steal cup holder with 2 dollars worth of change in it :laughing7:.......NGE
 
Being also from the Bay Area this does not surprise me. We had a guy in our metal detector club here in Santa Rosa who had an Whites XLT stolen from the back of his pickup truck while hunting Golden Gate Park in S.F. They or "it" broke into his camper shell. >:(
 
Sorry about your loss. :( Make it a daily habit to check new listings on Craigslist and Ebay. You'll definitely need that Serial # if you find one listed. Good luck.
 
don't forget to check out local pawn shops. that'll be the first place they try to dump it for cash.
 
You might want to post on the Beach and water forums.
The more that know the better. Good Luck,
 
Sorry to hear that.
Since someone broke into my van and stole my tools,Coiltek and 8" Sov coils (luckily I had taken my Sov box and Exalibur home that night),I chain them to the van with heavy lock and chain through the coils.
I hope you can find it
 
....sorry to hear of your loss........I lost a nice WWII era mine detector with original military wooden box/crate in Mint condition and papers........stolen a few years ago......they broke into a back shed used for storage on my property.........I had it mainly for sentimental reasons due to all of my dad's involvement in WWII.........probably will be next to impossible to replace....at least to get one in Mint condidtion.......plus the box contain extra vaccuum tubes and replacement batteries plus the long probes............WORD OF ADVICE........in storing detectors in your car/truck.....i cover all of mine with a heavy blanket...in other words the temptation of breaking in is due to the seeing.......if the valuables are covered up they may leave your car alone and go on to a more of a sure thing.......Joe
 
Years ago I had my car window broken and my schimano rod and reel stolen out of my car - in the middle of downtown Providence RI, in a nightclub area at midnight. Cops nearby...Gee, nobody noticed somebody walking down a busy city street with a purse and a fishing rod? DUH.

To be fair- the cops did catch a theif that was walking down my road wearing my- a girls- leather jacket and carrying one of my t-tops off my 84 Monte Carlo. Not too obvious there, Sparky.

Anyway- craigslist is a great possibliltiy and if you're close to the line, check out the neighboring states list too. If you have an ID # or some other mark you can give a flyer to Parks and Recreations (?)

I will mark my detectors somehow because of this post- I appreciate it.
 
Always mark your detector!! Even my battery box is marked. If your worried about resale value, a bill of sale will take care of that.

Hay, Maybe King Author reclaimed it! Sorry about that beach bumm, somes times they just slip out.
​
 
Bev said:
Years ago I had my car window broken and my schimano rod and reel stolen out of my car - in the middle of downtown Providence RI, in a nightclub area at midnight. Cops nearby...Gee, nobody noticed somebody walking down a busy city street with a purse and a fishing rod? DUH.

To be fair- the cops did catch a theif that was walking down my road wearing my- a girls- leather jacket and carrying one of my t-tops off my 84 Monte Carlo. Not too obvious there, Sparky.

Anyway- craigslist is a great possibliltiy and if you're close to the line, check out the neighboring states list too. If you have an ID # or some other mark you can give a flyer to Parks and Recreations (?)

I will mark my detectors somehow because of this post- I appreciate it.

Providence is just as bad as Boston... I can't leave ANYTHING in my wrangler, not even spare change.
 
I suggest to keep an eye on Craigslist, ebay, classified ad's and goto your pawns shops with a picture and asked them to call the PD if it comes in. I hate thiefs and I hope you get it back as well as them caught.
 
A few years ago my car was broken into. Car insurance cover the window and tape deck. Home insurance cover my fishing equitment. Check with your insurances and eerything may just be cover and you can buy a new Excalrbur. This is why you paid for insurance...Matt
 
I hear that, ddbowdoin rough town!

I have a high deductible to keep the car insurance low. Wouldnt do me much good to call in a claim.

If you don't want to mark up your stuff, you can get a pen that only shows up under blacklight.
I used to use one to mark glass and pottery on my antique site. Someone would buy my item because they had the same exact thing that broke, then say it was my piece that broke during shipping. They'd want to send it back expecting a refund. I'd say, sure send it all back and when I see my mark on it I'll refund it. I'd never hear from them again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom