Stolen in Louisiana

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post from a FB friend. His Impressive collection was stolen. They asked to share as much as possible. So here goes:

This was stolen from my house bout ten o'clock this morning from Leesville Louisiana the Vernon Parish area.. Do not buy or take these from anyone ... Plz share as much as possible to get the word out plz. Contact the Leesville City police or the Vernon parish sheriff's office with any information and thank you very much..all help is greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556772027.491593.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556772027.491593.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Major Bummer. If they break it up it is lost forever. Sorry Dude

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be devastated if that happened to me .... that’s a heck of a collection somebody put a lot of time in finding all those

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My heart goes out to your friend. I had a frame of birdpoints stolen out of my shop a couple of years ago. It was a painful wakeup call, but now, the rest of my collection is in the safe. It's a crying shame that you can't enjoy your collection displayed around your home. It's nothing new unfortunately, because my daddy told me years ago that they used to have a basketful of arrowheads on the back porch of their house which were stolen as well. This was back in the 1930s.

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
One road into our farm, must use same one out, Home security will have son at home ,law enforcement waiting for you to come down. Neighbors see everything. Two Redbones and a Walker in the yard. Would be hard to steal mine but possible. Son lives next door. I feel about 70% safe.

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do feel pain for the guy , one of the hardest things to ever get back ,even if you find pieces you know are yours in a pawn shop its almost impossible to prove there yours. my brother lost hundreds when hes crazy mother in law decided they would bring evil spirits out. never got any of them back. i would check my family first , they are the ones that know were there at and how the easiest way to steal them.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Something like that just happened recently up here to a little boy....They stole his fathers, grandmothers and his artifacts he had found with his dad. Evidently that was all he had of his time with his father.

Sick People. I hope your friend gets his artifacts back.

Kace

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A thief is no better than a murderer or a child molester and you can guess what I think should be done to all of them.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing to me any lower than a Thief. I would be devestated. Prayers that your friend gets his collection back intact and the Thief or Thieves responsible are tried and get their just dues.

OP
OP
cterry3100

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandchip, my grandfather use to tell me about two wooden boxes in their barn that were full of points and tools picked up in their fields. No idea what happen to them.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who ever done this knew what was in the house if that is all they got. I don't show off all of my collection and have very few visitors. I have good neighbor's and home security but a thief is set on getting in they will and may God have mercy on their soul because I'll arange a meeting.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who ever done this knew what was in the house if that is all they got. I don't show off all of my collection and have very few visitors. I have good neighbor's and home security but a thief is set on getting in they will and may God have mercy on their soul because I'll arange a meeting.

You got all that right. When I saw that the lock was missing on my door, having been in there the evening before to get stuff to help my son move at college, I figured I had set it down somewhere although I always use it to pull the door open. Hell, I looked for the lock for a half hour, then saw tire tracks in the grass in front of my grandmother's house. Then, I got to wondering, looking all over the shop and not one of my tools was missing. It was when my eyes passed across this one spot where that frame of birdpoints had hung for years, that I got that ol' sick feeling. What's worse is that there were pictures of my children when they were young hanging around it, and two of them were gone. That pissed me off more than the arrowheads. A lot more to this story, but I doan wanna be no hijackin'.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with monsterrack and sandchip, someone knew about the collection. If one has such a collection, they shouldn't be "bragging" about it. Thieves will steal anything.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have replicas made of my best points and those are the ONLY ones hanging on my wall. If someone steals those, they are going to be bummed out when they open the frame and find they are all made of plastic. The real ones are all in my safety deposit box.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Condolences, Big time bummer for sure.

Contact the Central States Archaeological Societies officers and web guy to post some warnings and images, maybe in an upcoming issue.

The The Bayou Archaeological Society of Louisiana is a member society. Submit images showing the relics clearly and well defined.

The large frame originally posted does not show the relics clearly enough to be identified if attempted sales would take place. It would be too subjective and open to interpretation since individual relics are not clearly identifiable.

Again, sorry to hear about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread