"STOMPN METHOD" Will Get You More coins, Less Bottle Caps With Garretts.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
"STOMP'N METHOD" Will Get You More coins, Less Bottle Caps With Garretts.

I accidentally discovered a way to distinguish old rusty bottle caps from coins also reading as bottle caps. I was hunting some real old parks, just loaded with old rusty bottle caps several years ago, and was ready to give up as many others had. Something was strange about those bottle caps? Once they were out of the ground, most would remained sounding like bottle caps. But, the odd one, after missing it the first time with my digger trying to retrieve it, changed from reading as a bottle cap to reading as a coin, either copper or silver. Why? My guess is that the copper or silver coins over time developed a layer of oxides around itself in the soil matrix. Some people have called it the "HALO EFFECT". And this developed layer changed the original conductivity from reading as a coin to now reading as a bottle cap. Well, if a person could break this halo while the coin was in it's original lost position, the conductivity should change it from reading as a bottle cap to reading as a coin.

So, I spent the next hour stomping real hard on top of my bottle cap readings, and low and behold, out of some thirty bottle cap hits, 3 of them changed there conductivity from reading as a bottle cap to a coin reading. I dug them and out came 3 old silver coins. I was ecstatic! I broke the code....

So, in summary, if you don't want to dig all targets, or end up in a very old area littered with those old bottle caps, stomp your foot over the target real hard, the coins will start reading as coins. Also, if you get iffy signals, the ones where the target bounced back between iron and coin, give it a stomp too! more often then not, it will now read as a coin or iron.

paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php

That is a great idea probably more so on sand I guess, what are your thoughts using the stomp method on the beach John ,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back