image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
Upvote 5
OP
OP
S

SubVetGuy

Mar 26, 2024
Neat rocks, but I'm afraid they're not stone tools. Just rocks.
Had pictures evaluated by Florida University. The are definitely rocks that have been worked. Possible, Hand Axe, and Scraper from the Paleolithic Era. I going to take rocks to University to be further inspected.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had pictures evaluated by Florida University. The are definitely rocks that have been worked. Possible, Hand Axe, and Scraper from the Paleolithic Era. I going to take rocks to University to be further inspected.
They still just look like rocks to me. But by all means, have the University folks examine the actual rocks. It's hard to tell from a photo sometimes.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archaeologist will say anything to make them seem they know more than everyone, most of the time it's just word salad.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The one-piece hatchet looks cut and modern. I also see a rock and possibly a rock that had a flake or two removed from it.
Like robertk stated: photos can be hard to analyze. Best wishes with the archeology folks. I hope you have something.👍🏼

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a Chert pile with what appears to be stone tools? Checkout the photos of some finds. What you think? Thanks
Query: You wanted to know what the readership thought about your 3 items.
Member answered
Then you stated that the Fl University stated their opinion.
When was this query to the university made?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread