What's new

Stoneware Beer

DJV

Jr. Member
Joined
May 15, 2016
Messages
92
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was exploring a new area I was doubtful would bare fruit - boy was I wrong! 100 minutes into the dive and things had been uneventful, at 105 I fortunately looked left, when I could have looked right, and saw the base of of the bottle poking out of the semi-soft bottom. This style bottle is called a "Primitive;" I have found two before, but neither were embossed. Then I found out the merchant inscribed on the bottle is, at this point, unknown! Thus, for the time being at least, I have a one-of-a-kind find. A fellow bottle collector found an ad from 1852; all the experts agree this man to be the inscribed Cadwell.
 

Attachments

  • Stoneware Beer.webp
    Stoneware Beer.webp
    223.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Cadwell.webp
    Cadwell.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Your instincts were right! Nice bottle:headbang:
 
  • Like
Reactions: DJV
Thanks GM!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom