romeo-1 Gold Member Joined Jul 29, 2005 Messages 9,863 Reaction score 7,127 Golden Thread 3 Location Romeotopia 🥇 Banner finds 3 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2017 Thread Owner #1 Stony Meteorite? I posted this a couple years ago in the fossil forum and was recently advised that it may actually be a stony meteorite. Any thoughts on that? Thanks! Attachments Rock 002.webp 48.9 KB · Views: 134 Rock 003.webp 49.8 KB · Views: 143 Rock 005.webp 46.3 KB · Views: 129 Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
Stony Meteorite? I posted this a couple years ago in the fossil forum and was recently advised that it may actually be a stony meteorite. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
romeo-1 Gold Member Joined Jul 29, 2005 Messages 9,863 Reaction score 7,127 Golden Thread 3 Location Romeotopia 🥇 Banner finds 3 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2017 Thread Owner #2 Whoa...just did some quick googling and found this from 2010...looks very similar to my rock...scroll almost to the bottom. meteorite Archives - Bad Astronomy : Bad Astronomy Attachments georgia_meteorite.webp 23.7 KB · Views: 140
Whoa...just did some quick googling and found this from 2010...looks very similar to my rock...scroll almost to the bottom. meteorite Archives - Bad Astronomy : Bad Astronomy
creekhunter Bronze Member Joined Dec 14, 2007 Messages 1,238 Reaction score 572 Golden Thread 0 Location Cincinnati, Ohio Detector(s) used Radio Shack Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2017 #3 Sure looks like its been super heated
X xr7ator Gold Member Joined Sep 2, 2011 Messages 6,007 Reaction score 9,176 Golden Thread 0 Location Denver, Colorado Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800 Aug 23, 2017 #4 I'd take that over an alcoholic meteorite any day.
Terry Soloman Platinum Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined May 28, 2010 Messages 21,755 Reaction score 35,428 Golden Thread 1 Location White Plains, New York 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 23, 2017 #5 Are you going to have it examined?
romeo-1 Gold Member Joined Jul 29, 2005 Messages 9,863 Reaction score 7,127 Golden Thread 3 Location Romeotopia 🥇 Banner finds 3 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 24, 2017 Thread Owner #6 Terry Soloman said: Are you going to have it examined? Click to expand... Yes I am...I sent a couple pics to a few experts and will also have my local university take a look.
Terry Soloman said: Are you going to have it examined? Click to expand... Yes I am...I sent a couple pics to a few experts and will also have my local university take a look.
S scotpol Tenderfoot Joined Sep 28, 2017 Messages 7 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 250, Cen Tech wand Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 28, 2017 #7 I have a similar looking specimen. Any updates on yours? Thanks.! Attachments IMG_4248.webp 99.9 KB · Views: 126 IMG_4249.webp 107.1 KB · Views: 117 IMG_4247.webp 73.1 KB · Views: 134