What's new

Storing steel cents

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tubes of steel cents in my collection and I'm concerned that by being in such close contact, corrosion from other coins may spread to other coins. Thoughts?

HH
-GC
 
It is a pain in the butt but I have wrapped them individually so as to not touch each other. Might make no difference, but I feel better about it.
 
As long as they are in a dry place free from moisture you shouldnt have a problem.
 
moisture is the doer of damage here. Keep them in a air tight container with those little dissecant packets that they put in electronic equipment to keep them dry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom