storm head this way fernandina / jax fla - sun eve / monday -should clear off sand

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck and happy hunting.:find:

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm chomping at the bit......30 minutes from Fernandina.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
As of this posting, TS Beryl is nearly a Cat 1 that is making landfall with it's main outer band as I type. It is moving very slowly and has continued to strengthen. It is a large storm affecting a large swath of land mass, but the most erosion can be expected on the NE eyewall. It has moved farther south than previously projected. It will be making landfall about Mickler's Landing or a bit southward (Guana). This places the Fernandina area as the Northernmost stretch to experience significant erosion.

Good luck to all who will venture out and stay safe.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was over at the beach (New Smyrna) a couple of times today (didn't hunt), last time was about 5 - 6pm and while the surge was up a bit it didn't appear to be making too much of a dent in things yet. However, I suspect by morning the sand will be showing signs of stripping and by the end of the day Monday things should be looking pretty good.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Ivan, wish I could get there with you, but will be in spirit. Go get 'em!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Update: The worst is over. Just have persistent bands as the circulation has moved inland. The "eye" is approx over Jax slightly south. The bad news for us hunters is that the brunt of the storm struck at low tide mitigating any storm surge. There should be some excellent hunting on short beaches, but the long beaches did not get the erosion that we like to look for. The surf zone was violent so some goodies might have been stirred up. Attack the short beaches, as this window won't last long. The wave direction has already shifted from the NE to the SE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread