What's new

Straight from Buckingham Palace

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Queen Elizabeth II is soon going to become the longest reigning monarch in British history. To celebrate this, my wife is planning a community sandwich, scones, and tea party to celebrate this event. My wife is the administrator in our town, and my father-in-law is the mayor.

My wife wrote to the queen on behalf of the community, congratulating her on this occasion, and informing her of the event in her honour.

We received a response from the queens secretary at Buckingham Palace thanking us for the acknowledgement, and wishes for a great party.

It's not every day you get a letter from the Queen of England, so I thought I'd share.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441308044.800082.webp
 
Upvote 18
Well done J. ! Very nice way to honor her Majesty for what is a remarkable accomplishment . I think her reign will be remembered as
one of dignity and propriety , even as other members of the Royal family were misbehaving around her .
 
That's very cool JC.
 
My wife in English--sounds like her kind of event! Will you be serving "Spotted Dick" for dessert? (don't laugh folks it's a real English dessert! :laughing7:)

Anyway, congrats on the letter and the event my friend! :thumbsup:
 
My wife in English--sounds like her kind of event! Will you be serving "Spotted Dick" for dessert? (don't laugh folks it's a real English dessert! :laughing7:)

Anyway, congrats on the letter and the event my friend! :thumbsup:

I think I'll be steering clear of the "spotted dick" hahaha...
 
My gf is English too and thinks Camilla is a wicked old witch, lol. She adored Diana.
The English cuisine really does leave much to be desired lol. Jellied Eel? I think not!
 
I need to google it and see what it is. But with a name like "spotted dick", it just seems wrong. The same goes for the blood sausage lol
 
I need to google it and see what it is. But with a name like "spotted dick", it just seems wrong. The same goes for the blood sausage lol

There's also another famous English dish called "Toad in the Hole" which you might enjoy :laughing7: And don't get me started on what a certain type of sausages are called :laughing7::laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Toad in the hole with the right pork sausage and gravy is the best, think crusader would agree. My grandma had the Yorkshire puddings so high you could only just get them out of the oven!
 
We are having roast beef, mashed potatoes, GRAVY and Yorkshire pudding for supper tonight lol!
 
Great response from the crown.
As far as English cooking it's great if you like something cooked,baked,boiled to death, pretty bland in taste after that.
 
Great response from the crown.
As far as English cooking it's great if you like something cooked,baked,boiled to death, pretty bland in taste after that.

It has an unfair bad reputation--they have some amazingly good dishes if they are cooked properly. And the more common meals like fish and chips, ploughman's lunches, and Cornish pasties are also quite good. I love the cuisine when I get a chance to travel to England.
 
That is nice that they replied back to your wife...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom