M McKinney_5900 Bronze Member Joined Jul 30, 2010 Messages 1,201 Reaction score 992 Golden Thread 0 Feb 5, 2023 Thread Owner #1 I have a small nylon mallet somewhere, and I now own a mandrel. Will I do ok with the nylon hammer, or is a leather mallet necessary. TIA
I have a small nylon mallet somewhere, and I now own a mandrel. Will I do ok with the nylon hammer, or is a leather mallet necessary. TIA
mick56 Bronze Member Joined Jun 2, 2007 Messages 1,348 Reaction score 1,149 Golden Thread 1 Location Southern Wisconsin 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used ATPro Feb 6, 2023 #2 I have used a steel hammer with no problems. Give the nylon hammer a try, just go slow.
H Heavygold4me Hero Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2020 Messages 539 Reaction score 1,833 Golden Thread 0 Location South mississippi Detector(s) used Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 6, 2023 #3 I have a small hammer with nylon on one side and rubber on the other, it works fine