What's new

Strange 1k sack of halves

CladMaster

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
It was obv someones dump sack they dropped off. I found a 1980 clad proof and 120 2002-2006 halves. I hate skunk sacks. Do any of you keep the post 2001 halves?
 
Upvote 0
You found a 120 2002-2006 halves? those are NIFC, those are keepers to me!
 
Those are DUMPERS to me! =)

I only keep one of each for my personal collection.

Though depending on amounts and conditons, you can sell full date rolls or mixed date rolls on ebay and perhaps net a couple buck profit.

~Dave
 
Yea I dumop themm too. Today in my 1 box I found like 50 1995d in perfect shape but I dumped them. Looks like someone got rid of them too. :tard:
 
I myself would keep them. The quantity minted for post 2001 halves are:

2002 P - 3,100,000
2002 D - 2,500,000
2003 P - 2,500,000
2003 D - 2,500,000
2004 P - 2,900,000
2004 D - 2,900,000
2005 P - 3,800,000
2005 D - 3,500,000
2006 P - 2,400,000
2006 D - 2,000,000
2007 P - 2,400,000
2007 D - 2,400,000
2008 P - 1,700,000
2008 D - 1,700,000

I do not know how many collectors that there are, but if the different coin designs used by the mint lures in many more collectors you may see demand outstripping supply sometime in the near future. Just my two cents.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 
True, the mintages are low, but then it still comes down to if you want to spend the money in keeping all the NIFC you find for the next 10-20 years until it can turn a decent profit in 50 years... you know?

The OP had $60 in NIFC from ONE box alone imagine how much would acrue over years of hunting!

~Dave
 
A few of the boxes I got in the last two weeks were loaded with NIFCs. Mostly 2005, but also some 04, etc.
Some rolls were 3/4 NIFCs. Some looked brand new, some looked like they had been re rolled a dozen times.

I threw them all back. Probably had a couple hundred face value of them. All were in Brinks boxes.
I dont mess with Ebay, and no coin dealer here will give you anything for them. Maybe in 20 years they will be worth something.

Jim
 
Scott (Mich) said:
I myself would keep them. The quantity minted for post 2001 halves are:

2002 P - 3,100,000
2002 D - 2,500,000
2003 P - 2,500,000
2003 D - 2,500,000
2004 P - 2,900,000
2004 D - 2,900,000
2005 P - 3,800,000
2005 D - 3,500,000
2006 P - 2,400,000
2006 D - 2,000,000
2007 P - 2,400,000
2007 D - 2,400,000
2008 P - 1,700,000
2008 D - 1,700,000

I do not know how many collectors that there are, but if the different coin designs used by the mint lures in many more collectors you may see demand outstripping supply sometime in the near future. Just my two cents.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

I agree with Scott.....those low mintages make keeping these coins worth it....Any investment in this hobby
is worth it.....You could always get back AT LEAST what you paid for them (usally face value).....But most likely, they will go up in price with time...just like the infamous 1987 everyone keeps.
Just my two cents, I guess.........
Joe ;D
 
I hope alot of people collect them as a treasured item and keep them out of circulation. I would hate to get a box of them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom