
Its not just the crescent moon and star, there are other things pointing to Islamic origin. Found in the ocean in this condition would mean recently lost..shallowell said:why would the crescent moon & star mean it is related to Islam, these symbols predated Islam by thousands of years,

bigcypresshunter said:Its not just the crescent moon and star, there are other things pointing to Islamic origin. Found in the ocean in this condition would mean recently lost..shallowell said:why would the crescent moon & star mean it is related to Islam, these symbols predated Islam by thousands of years,
What kind of container?shallowell said:I can see Indonesian swords and symbols on the coins, but the writing is not Arabic
The fact that they were found in the ocean is true, BUT they were inside a container that was buried by a meter+ of sand/earth so they had been at this location for some time.
Remember Mel Fisher found many things in the ocean that were not recently placed there
I did not take pics of the items before cleaning them, I wish I had, but this is not my area of expertise
The characters on the coins are very intriguing to me, and seems they could be from different continents, yet they were together in one container
Underwater shifting ocean sands can bury an item a meter in one hour easily. What cleaning method did you use? BTW welcome to TN. Are you located in the Phillipines or Malaysia?