What's new

Strange day

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Started out by dumping about $400 in nickles and dimes (rolled at a bank). I bought $100 of quarters just for the hell of it. The first roll I open has a silver Washington in it. So does the second and so does the seventh. So I'm feeling pretty good and I hit about 20 banks in between work obligations. I netted on 1964 Ken with a hole drilled through his head, one 1965 halve, one 1944p war nickle and one Rosie. I even tried my hand at pennies and only netted two wheats.

I'm not complaining but this is a weak day for me.

I'm in the northwestern part of my state (which never seems to produce for me) on Friday and I'm hoping to break the slow streak.

Good luck everyone,

OWS
 
Upvote 0
That is a lot of quarters. Getting three is great. I think that equals my last year's total. I picked up $500 the other day and found zilch. Just roll after roll of state quarters. Someone gave up on that hobby I guess!

Maine_Jim
 
Three quarters out of $100.00 is unbelieveably lucky. I'd go back there and buy up some more rolls.
If I'm lucky I may get one out of $1,000-1,500 in handrolls. Bags one out of every $500. Never tried boxes but I heard that the average is one out of two boxes.

I'd call your day pretty good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH
Rich
 
I thik you did great. I have done 4 boxes of quarters, and never found a single silver...
 
Yeah, I'm thinking of going back and buying more quarters from that teller. I can't buy dimes and nicks because that's what I dumped there.

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom