What's new

Strange days lately........

bigtime400

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
340
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
the moon
First off I buy a bag of quarters from one of my fav banks. I say to the girl.... are you sure thats $500? She said yeah. I got one bag of quarters for $500, one box of nickles for $100, and a box of dimes for $250 for a total of $850. Didn't find much to speak of however after I filled my quarter book laid out some nice Uncs and cashed everything in it was to the tune of $1100 or so.... Hmm.... is there something about the reproduction habbits of the clad quarter I dont know about? I dont know what to say to the bank because I dont know exactly how much it was off as I had a mixture of coins and I took some out, cashed them in at diffrent times. The bad thing is I start to think That I did get another bag of nickles or something and just forgot. Its happened a few times on halves. I think im short and then remeber I spent $10 at subway or gave some to my wife. Any suggestions? I mean its not a couple bucks! its to the tune of $250!

The second thing.... I get a bag of pennies from the bank. I see alot of wheats. When all the sorting was done..... I had a larger pile of wheats then coppers! What!? How many of you had that happen to you!? Aparently someone cashed in a collection. I got a really nice 1931 D, a couple 1909, and some nice BU ones. So thinking this I go back and get the other bags they had. One nickle and one quarter. Quarter had 2 silvers, and Im still working on the nickles. But it looks like no major collections in the other bags. Maybe Ill have to go back and see if they have more.
Anyway thats my story for the day.... Ill add more later.
 
Upvote 0
bigtime400 said:
First off I buy a bag of quarters from one of my fav banks. I say to the girl.... are you sure thats $500? She said yeah. I got one bag of quarters for $500, one box of nickles for $100, and a box of dimes for $250 for a total of $850. Didn't find much to speak of however after I filled my quarter book laid out some nice Uncs and cashed everything in it was to the tune of $1100 or so.... Hmm.... is there something about the reproduction habbits of the clad quarter I dont know about? I dont know what to say to the bank because I dont know exactly how much it was off as I had a mixture of coins and I took some out, cashed them in at diffrent times. The bad thing is I start to think That I did get another bag of nickles or something and just forgot. Its happened a few times on halves. I think im short and then remeber I spent $10 at subway or gave some to my wife. Any suggestions? I mean its not a couple bucks! its to the tune of $250!

The second thing.... I get a bag of pennies from the bank. I see alot of wheats. When all the sorting was done..... I had a larger pile of wheats then coppers! What!? How many of you had that happen to you!? Aparently someone cashed in a collection. I got a really nice 1931 D, a couple 1909, and some nice BU ones. So thinking this I go back and get the other bags they had. One nickle and one quarter. Quarter had 2 silvers, and Im still working on the nickles. But it looks like no major collections in the other bags. Maybe Ill have to go back and see if they have more.
Anyway thats my story for the day.... Ill add more later.

$250 sound like another box of dimes got mixed in...

If you really don't think that happened, you could ask the teller if they were short on the coin machine balancing recently. If they were, they may want to know that the coin machine was that far off so they could fix it. (btw. I wouldn't dump quarters there until I was sure that they counted them correctly).


Great find on the wheat pennies, I have had a bag like that last year (ended up with 650+ wheats), but since I don't search for coppers I have no idea how they compared to the coppers. Any other good dates on the wheaties that I can use for the tracking list?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom