What's new

Strange Dive Today

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought the gold was calling to me today but it wasn't the case. Neither were the silver coins calling me. But the dive didn't really disappoint. I was out at a very old swim area over the waders heads and having fun. The coin count was dismal. 9 wheat's 3 nickles including a 1923 buffalo and 5 houses. Certainly nothing to write home about.

The big silver ring is ugly with a capital U. I can't find my stupid loop so I can't read if the Kewpie Kid ring is silver. That is a premium for a doll and one sold on feebay for over 70.00 if it is. Two brass rings, one is Little Orphan Annie. One very small silver ring and two silver religious medals. One says Alter Boy, my first one that said that. The last one is aluminum. The ID bracelet has silver chains but has a brass center that reads Leonard.

I did find a monsterous piece of copper wire I need to take a picture of. A lot of fishing sinkers and the old lighter with an aluminum front with rhinestones.

Unfortunately my CZ-21 seems to have a problem and I will be sending it back to First Texas to be checked out as soon as my CZ-20 arrives I bought off feebay last Friday. I wanted a backup besides my Tesoro Tiger shark anyway. Not a whole lot of trash out where I was today. A few pull tabs and cans but relatively quiet. Too quiet I think. The spoon is silver plate. The broach is hammered, no idea what was in the middle.











 
Upvote 32
So cool to dive and detect, I'd love to do that. I'm sure a big gold ring will be in your scoop soon
 
I just got some waders I want to try the water thing on a few beaches here and old swimming holes.
 
I just got some waders I want to try the water thing on a few beaches here and old swimming holes.


You are going to find a LOT of waders hit your area and so do I. I would have invested in a wet suit instead to go a bit deeper. When I first came back to Michigan, I hit a few lakes in Pinckney Recreation Area. I hit them about every other year now. Bruin, Half Moon, Silver Lake, Pickerel, and others. I got 24 gold out of Silver in one weekend. My huge gold cross came out of the sandbar at Bruin. Its out there, but there are a lot of waders in your area. You just have to be first. Kent lake, Trout and Spring Mill pond also get hammered a lot. Hopefully you can find some places that most can't go. I will be boating in the chain of lakes near Hell, Michigan this year. I heard of some good places to hit. If you have access to a boat, I would find some sandbars not accessible to most waders.




 
Last edited:
stock-vector-gold-well-done-sign-210260893.webp
 
Congrats on some nice stuff. Sounds like fun
 
I'm diggin that old lighter. Great finds. Keep going through that area. I bet there's more!
 
Wow! Those are impressive finds!
dts
 
Well done, , can we get a closeup of the Little Orphan Annie ring?? They don't come up too often.
Congrats on your hunt.
 
Well done, , can we get a closeup of the Little Orphan Annie ring?? They don't come up too often.
Congrats on your hunt.


I seemed to have lost my Sony camera and waiting to buy another one. My phone pictures STINK!! I will see what I can do. Thanks
 
What's that thing next to the lighter, looks like a German wound badge ?
 
What's that thing next to the lighter, looks like a German wound badge ?

A broach I think. Whatever was in the middle is hammered. Not a German wound badge. I pulled one of them out of a lake about 6 years ago.

 
Ok, wasn't sure, Thanks ,
 
Congratz on a fun hunt! I'm sure gold is waiting on you!
 
I'll have to try some sandbars along the Mississippi River here, the river is very busy on weekends and many people camp on the sandbars. Great stuff you are finding, thanks for sharing!
 
Looks like you did all right to me.
That Nazi badge is awesome.
 
Looks like you did all right to me.
That Nazi badge is awesome.

Thanks. I seem to find a lot of strange and off the wall things where others can't get to. One thing I love about the hobby and diving.
 
You've found some nice coins and the jewelry and especially the gold cross from previous dives are fantastic. I have a problem at the river where the visibility is terrible. I just wade around but have thought about using my wetsuit and buy some weights just to wade out further and not get bounced around by the wake from the boats and my own buoyancy. There used to be a lifeguard stand that was destroyed during a 500 year flood in 1994 and this area was where all the swimmers hung out during the summer. Should be some rings and old coins around, but it's in about 10 feet of water and murky water at that.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom