What's new

Strange Find At Late 1700s Plantation

twister

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

Finally got out today at a old plantation. It dates back to the late 1700's. There was 14 slave houses on the site and most of them are gone. I found this in the foundation of one of the slave houses. Im not sure what it is and I have been trying to find out a little about it and not having much luck. Any help would be gladly appreciated. The name on it is a Melba insignia. All in all it was a great day.

HH Twister
 

Attachments

  • melbafront.webp
    melbafront.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,631
  • melbaback.webp
    melbaback.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,598
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

Shake it and see if there's any coins inside.
 
Re: Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

I opened it up today and only thing inside was some kind of white mess on the bottom side, maybe old makeup or somehting, lol.
Wishful thinking I guess ::)

HH Twister
 
Re: Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

I just found a compact almost like the one pictured. Its more simple. On the back it says Melba Mfg Co. and beneath that it says: Chicago, Ill and then Made in the U.S.A. Copper. Opened it and it was full of something white. Never used. From an area that was established in the 20's.
 
Re: Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

I found one a few years back filled with Wheaties and Indian Heads. Still a nice find!
 
Re: Strange Find At Late 1700's Plantation

Still a nice find. I have found a few but not that brand
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom