What's new

Strange find in Ohio reservoir

RobSFRD

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
72
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Urbana,Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth much but didn't expect to find this 1962 British One Penny in my scoop in a reservoir in southwest Ohio.
 

Attachments

  • image-1080038907.webp
    image-1080038907.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image-353858373.webp
    image-353858373.webp
    65 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Nice coin find Rob,FSRD :hello2:

That's a nice looking coin!'

Lorraine
 
deer creek? ceasers creek? if you don't want to say, you don't have to!!!! it was either a good luck piece or some of the farm land/old house site under the water is giving up some goodies!!!!

i sure miss the easy lake hunting in ohio!

chuck.
 
Nice coin, I enjoy finding the foreign coins, doesn't happen to often, but it's nice to see a strange coin in the scoop. Thought I found my first gold coin few weeks back in a park.

image-405538445.webp



image-3731825164.webp

I admit my heart skipped a smidgen, enough to get the camera prior to removal. Even though not gold still enjoyed this one.

powered by pull tabs
 
Seeker, it was at Buck Creek State Park, just a few miles from my house. It was flooded sometime in the 1960's. Used to be farms and a golf course. Heck the coin may have been a golfers ball mark. Just didn't expect to find that, I go there quite often and have never found mouth but it's close to home.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom