What's new

Strange metal piece... Any ideas?

RandiAly

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

So my husband brought this to me after finding it in the driveway asking if I happened to know what it is. When he gave it to me the long tail of the 'T' shape was curved like an umbrella hook (you can see the bend still in the picture). I'm assuming it's a type of aluminum because it sounds like a key when dropped on the table but I can bend it between my fingers with some force, much like bending prongs on a cheap fork. I tried googling an aluminum T shaped piece that resembles an elephant head but no luck. I even tried aluminum piece with gear cut outs since the cut outs remind me of teeth on a gear. What it boils down to is that I am completely stumped and wanted to know if anyone might have an idea as to what it might be.

Thanks in advance and happy problem solving!
MiscFS.webpMiscBS.webp
CloseUpFS.webpCloseUpBS.webp
 
My wife suggests some kind of gear stop for a clock. Is there such a thing?
 
Upvote 0
Maybe when the 'umbrella hook' was in it, it might be hung up then four other hangers could be hung in the square grooves.....to save space?
 
Upvote 0
The pointy part makes me think it had a wooden handle , Im thinking some type of specialty tool but I could be way off... Interesting piece
 
Upvote 0
It has corrosion on it so likely not aluminum. I'm guessing tin. Maybe part of the guts of some long ago destroyed kid's wind-up toy.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom