What's new

Strange Question but I respect MDSS Opinion

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?
I have an 6 X 10 or an 8 X 10 framed picture of Me 'As a 11 month old' that I tried to take out of the frame several years ago & the bottom portion stuck to the frame & the picture ripped most of the way across before I quit attempting to remove it..

Can this picture be Scanned 'Frame & all ' & maybe the 'tear spot' photo shopped?

I actually can handle the tear (in a new Copy) .

Just wondering if this can be done & where -(if possible) ; it's a vintage 1972 Picture.

Thanks
Davers:thumbsup:
 
You may be able to find a shop with an overhead scanner (as opposed to a flat-bed). If so, the picture can be scanned in the frame.

Would it be possible to carefully (CAREFULLY) cut around the edge of the picture at the edge of the frame without losing any of the important information in the picture? If so, you could use a very sharp craft knife and gently remove the picture. Keep the two pieces together. DO NOT tape them as most tape is not acid free and can (and will) harm the surface of the photo. If you can take it out, you can find a shop or friend with a flat-bed scanner to scan the pic. The picture can absolutely be cleaned up with some photo editing software. You may always have a bit of a line but you should be able to get a good quality copy.

Good luck.
 
?
I have an 6 X 10 or an 8 X 10 framed picture of Me 'As a 11 month old' that I tried to take out of the frame several years ago & the bottom portion stuck to the frame & the picture ripped most of the way across before I quit attempting to remove it..

Can this picture be Scanned 'Frame & all ' & maybe the 'tear spot' photo shopped?

I actually can handle the tear (in a new Copy) .

Just wondering if this can be done & where -(if possible) ; it's a vintage 1972 Picture.

Thanks
Davers:thumbsup:

You should be able to scan it well with a regular flatbed scanner. Take glass and all out of the frame. The only problem would be the damage to the image. The glass would be "invisible" (unless damaged) --- why would I say that? Because all scans are done through the glass on your scanner. No need for an overhead scanner or other fancy equipment. However, if you cannot remove the glass from the frame, sometimes you will get reflections of the frame in the scanned image.

A good flatbed scanner (like that on an All-In-One printer) at a high resolution (1200 dpi should suffice if you want to make another 8X10 print) will definitely do the trick. If the image is still attached to the glass, IT WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM.

Scan it and I'd be happy to see about repairing it.
 
Last edited:
You may be able to find a shop with an overhead scanner (as opposed to a flat-bed). If so, the picture can be scanned in the frame.

Would it be possible to carefully (CAREFULLY) cut around the edge of the picture at the edge of the frame without losing any of the important information in the picture? If so, you could use a very sharp craft knife and gently remove the picture. Keep the two pieces together. DO NOT tape them as most tape is not acid free and can (and will) harm the surface of the photo. If you can take it out, you can find a shop or friend with a flat-bed scanner to scan the pic. The picture can absolutely be cleaned up with some photo editing software. You may always have a bit of a line but you should be able to get a good quality copy.

Good luck.

Thanks
I was thinking , I do believe it was actually stuck to the glass on the frame , this may make it easier.
I appreciate your time and advice.
 
You should be able to scan it well with a regular flatbed scanner. Take glass and all out of the frame. The only problem would be the damage to the image. The glass would be "invisible" (unless damaged) --- why would I say that? Because all scans are done through the glass on your scanner. No need for an overhead scanner or other fancy equipment. However, if you cannot remove the glass from the frame, sometimes you will get reflections of the frame in the scanned image.

A good flatbed scanner (like that on an All-In-One printer) at a high resolution (1200 dpi should suffice if you want to make another 8X10 print) will definitely do the trick. If the image is still attached to the glass, IT WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM.

Scan it and I'd be happy to see about repairing it.

Ahhh, I replied before reading all the reply's .

Sounds like this will work , Now I need to get it done & any help (if needed) will be appreciated a-lot.
Good Day.
Davey
 
Davey, I'm confident Chadeaux can help you out.

I like how you say
it's a vintage 1972 Picture.
.

That means you are vintage.

Since I am over 50, that must make me an antique. LOL! :laughing9:
 
Yes I had a pic of my parents stuck to the glass. I put it face down on a glass scanner and it worked well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom