What's new

Strange Radio-its a medal detector! Update !

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Radio-it's a medal detector! Update !

I can't find any info on this thing - I think it's an AM radio ?

the label says RELCO 12T HOUSTON

It's made out of wood , metal , & plastic pipe .
 

Attachments

  • saw 015.webp
    saw 015.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 481
  • saw 016.webp
    saw 016.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 474
  • saw 020.webp
    saw 020.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 470
  • saw 021.webp
    saw 021.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 483
Re: Strange Radio

DevilDog812 said:
Thanks for the link DevilDog .
I took it apart - definitely not a radio , If it is a metal detector , it sure is a simple one . There's no speaker , no meter , no place to plug in head phones :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • saw 026.webp
    saw 026.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 436
  • saw 023.webp
    saw 023.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

Any place for a battery? I think I see a place for a AA battery. The plastic pipe may be the coil and I see a plug hanging. Thats a cool unit.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

bigcypresshunter said:
Any place for a battery? I think I see a place for a AA battery. Thats a cool unit.
Yes , it takes a AAA . I put one in it ........nothing happened . I changed the polarity .......still nothing :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

mojjax said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Any place for a battery? I think I see a place for a AA battery. Thats a cool unit.
Yes , it takes a AAA . I put one in it ........nothing happened . I changed the polarity .......still nothing :icon_scratch:
Something may need to plug in. It has no speaker. I would try to attach a speaker or headphones to the hanging plug or wait for a more positive ID.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

Maybe its for dowsing? Or maybe its an LRL. :tongue3: That would explain the electronics or lack of. :D

That thing may pick up gold at 100 yards! :D :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

My first Detector was a Relco

& You needed an AM Radeo,
Tuned to a Certain unused location
to receive a Signal.

It didn't look like that but Perhaps this
is what's Missing

Sorry as you can see I failed Art Class :laughing7:

But it looked something like this

Picture.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

Great ID guys. Now I wanna see some finds with the new machine! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio

Thanks Jscorpio for an amazing ID ! And kudo's to DevilDog for pointing us in the right direction .

And thank you Jeff of Pa for the AM radio as a tuner idea :thumbsup:

I'll let you all know if it works :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Radio-it's a medal detector!

Jeff is correct it does work on AM radio . I've only tried it in the bedroom with my walkman radio . After I realized it worked , I went out and made a handle for it . Now I have to eat dinner , after I eat , I will take it out into our field , see if I find any thing :notworthy:
 

Attachments

  • saw 013.webp
    saw 013.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom