What's new

Strange Rock with crust

love2velo

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Rock - Meteorite??

Found this along the beach in Wisconsin and it has been worn down / polished a bit from waves/sand I suspect - The inner core looks like breccia but the crust has me a bit stumped. It is not attracted to magnet and not the heavy weight (density) that you read about for meteorites. If I didn't know the odds, I would suspect lunar meteorite ;-)

I would love to hear what this might be....
 

Attachments

  • Image4.webp
    Image4.webp
    162.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Image5.webp
    Image5.webp
    160.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Image7.webp
    Image7.webp
    183.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Image3.webp
    Image3.webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Image2.webp
    Image2.webp
    191.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Image8.webp
    Image8.webp
    298.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Image9.webp
    Image9.webp
    314.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Image12.webp
    Image12.webp
    264.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Image10.webp
    Image10.webp
    238.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Image391.webp
    Image391.webp
    312.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Image390.webp
    Image390.webp
    177.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Image388.webp
    Image388.webp
    315.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I sanded down a section - looks quite different and appears to have a fusion crust - not attracted to magnet but does leave a streak either

Image400.webpImage397.webpImage396.webpImage394.webp
20140616_125710.webp

here is a section sanded down on other end
Image415.webpImage411.webpImage422.webpImage421.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom