What's new

Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Fredness

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

CRH.webp
OK, conspiracy theories aside...
This was a sealed, new Brinks box. No damage, tampering or tape overs.
But every roll was weakly machine crimped on one end. Some had an end flap that laid flat, over the face of the end coin. Others were as pictured with lumpy, loose rolls. Any ideas?

Not that I think there is any correlation between loose crimps and silver content, but it does make it that much more noticeable!

On a good note, this box had the fewest crimp damaged coins I've seen yet...

[sorry for the crappy cellphone pix]
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Are you sure it was an original seal from Brinks? That right there is the tell-tale sign of someone uncrimping one of the ends, searching the contents and recrimping the roll. But, by the looks of it they did a PRETTY bad job covering their tracks.

-Codes
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

That thought crossed my mind, but the picture is a worst case. If it was a "repack", I would expect to see more than the one layer of tape on the box - it was a single layer of untouched/unbroken box tape. So, if it was searched, it was before sealing, or a new box was used and taped over. I have 5 other boxes on hand and there were no differences I could see.
:dontknow:
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Fredness said:
That thought crossed my mind, but the picture is a worst case. If it was a "repack", I would expect to see more than the one layer of tape on the box - it was a single layer of untouched/unbroken box tape. So, if it was searched, it was before sealing, or a new box was used and taped over. I have 5 other boxes on hand and there were no differences I could see.
:dontknow:

If the above picture was the worst case, I think you just got an adjustment to the rolling machine. Every now and then I get a sloppy roll.


HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Thanks...
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

I very often.....including today recieve boxes like that, most of the rolls are like that and i can say that doesnt mean they are searched......

Todays box was a skunk but a box i got 2 weeks ago had alot of rolls like that.....and those were the rolls i found the most silver in........pulled 12 40% and a 90% from it
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Looks like the machines were doing a bad job of crimping.
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

alpha105 said:
Todays box was a skunk but a box i got 2 weeks ago had alot of rolls like that.....and those were the rolls i found the most silver in........pulled 12 40% and a 90% from it
Good to hear!
Thanks
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Looks like a re roll to me. The sloppy rolls will be tight and may have a flap of paper over the coin. rerolls can be tight as well as loose. Sloppy rolls are always tight
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

All my Brinks boxes look like that. Sloppy machines.
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

Was there any Silver in them?
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

alpha105 said:
I very often.....including today recieve boxes like that, most of the rolls are like that and i can say that doesnt mean they are searched......

Todays box was a skunk but a box i got 2 weeks ago had alot of rolls like that.....and those were the rolls i found the most silver in........pulled 12 40% and a 90% from it

Agreed, I've been through over 100 brinks boxes and some of my best boxes had lots of rolls like this which contained lots of silver. Strange but true.
 
Re: Strange rolls in my first "skunk" Brinks box...

yep all my brinks boxes have rolls like that and they are not searched...todays sloppy wrapped box had 13 silvers in it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom