What's new

Strange Wooden "slipper" UPDATE!

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Wooden "slipper" UPDATE!

It's 10 inches long x 3 1/2 inches wide . It's a find from the Barn .
 

Attachments

  • Picture_008.webp
    Picture_008.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 542
  • Picture_009_(2).webp
    Picture_009_(2).webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 534
  • Picture_010.webp
    Picture_010.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 511
  • Picture_011_(3).webp
    Picture_011_(3).webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 521
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

Sure looks like it's something worn on the foot, but why? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Ice_Skates.webp
    Ice_Skates.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

Looks like some Colonial yuppie's 'birkenstok (sp) sandal. Probably priceless, maybe the first design made.
;D Pretty interesting find though.The ice-skate answer seems to be quite possible.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

If there was only one found, my guess would be some sort of primitive medical treatment for one leg longer than the other, backproblems, etc. Basically a shoe shim. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

I think they were the bindings off of old skis?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

My son has cerebral palsy and used to use a device called a "prone stander". This device allowed him to stand while strapped into it. The foot boards that he stood on look very similar to the piece in the picture.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper"

I think I found more of it . This piece is 40 inches long and has the same buckle design and straps .

I posted some similar wood things on the "whatsit" page a few years ago - I'm looking for the post as we speak .
I remember they were Id'ed as Civil War splints ?
My photo light broke the other day , so Im using a flashlight .

I stored the other pieces away , and I'm trying to figure out where they are . I would like to get them all together again.
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20013.webp
    Picture%20013.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Picture%20014.webp
    Picture%20014.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture%20018.webp
    Picture%20018.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper" UPDATE!

This is just a pic of the part that hinges up . There is a "goodwin 3 " mark , but the pic is too blurry . I need day light , to get a better pic .
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20009%20(2).webp
    Picture%20009%20(2).webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper" UPDATE!

I would think maybe for someone that had polio as they look like something my cousin wore but I was a young lad and that was a few few moons ago :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange Wooden "slipper" UPDATE!

Sorry, had to comment on the third pic in your old post, Those steps are fantastic!

Any more pics available?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
5
Views
824
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
550

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom