worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This was along the bike path that runs parallel to the river about 1/2 mile down.A lot of people walk it too,I think this has been the same person hanging the skins.Didn't think banana trees grew this far north.:laughing7:

Had to split the shot,left side..

K1600_011.JPG

Right side..

K1600_010.JPG

They had to of used a stick to get them that high,they are WAY out of reach.

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Vibra-Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wild monkeys are warning you to stay out of their territory! :D

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless its something left over from a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie, and the locals are out for blood.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just strange. I wondered if that had some meaning to someone, so I did a search. I found that a banana skin hanging in a tree at Ole Miss last year, caused an uproar among African American students there, and a black fraternity canceled a conference, due to fear. A student came forward, and admitted discarding his banana peel by just tossing it in the tree. Nothing intended by it, but it seems this is catching on as a means of intimidation. Go figure.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray Gelder, ok, I have no idea why the outer rind from a skin would offend someone. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. God help me if I get that afraid of a banana skin. Now lightning strikes, drunk drivers, poisonous snakes and spiders....yeah, I can get going a bit over those real things!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, Smokey, it's beyond me. I just thought I would look it up, and that's what I found. Someone worked pretty hard hanging those banana peels, for some reason.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, Smokey, it's beyond me. I just thought I would look it up, and that's what I found. Someone worked pretty hard hanging those banana peels, for some reason.

Either that or someone with some really Looong arms.:laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to do it with old tennis shoes back in the day on electrical lines for no particular reason. Some guy obviously jogs or walks past that spot routinely eating a banana and decided to used those branches to fling his banana peels. It doesn't take much to hang a banana peel by just tossing it, I wouldn't imagine. Don't think there was a stick involved.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We used to do it with old tennis shoes back in the day on electrical lines for no particular reason. Some guy obviously jogs or walks past that spot routinely eating a banana and decided to used those branches to fling his banana peels. It doesn't take much to hang a banana peel by just tossing it, I wouldn't imagine. Don't think there was a stick involved.

The distance is to far away to toss and get them so close together,I do agree with the same person though.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well here's another twist to it: This flier was attached to a bunch of bananas hanging on a tree.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The distance is to far away to toss and get them so close together,I do agree with the same person though.
If you say so. Let me ask you though, if it's too far away to toss them up there by hand then exactly what kind of stick are we talking about here? You see where I'm getting at?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of this little jingle

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you say so. Let me ask you though, if it's too far away to toss them up there by hand then exactly what kind of stick are we talking about here? You see where I'm getting at?

A long one,and no,you lost me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A long one,and no,you lost me.

You can toss something much further than you can place something with a long stick. That's what I'm getting at.

I don't see what's so hard to picture someone ritualistically slinging a banana peel everyday over his head or whatever as he walks by during his daily routine. Eventually the gaps are going to close up and it's gonna get filled up.

Makes the most sense to me anyway. I don't know about the rest of you. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread