What's new

streak still alive, barely (pics added)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of you know, I got a call from the bank with a bag of halves waiting for me, and a bag of dollars. The dollars turned out to be susan b's and sacajewea with some presidential dollars. I was kinda dissapointed when I got there. But the dollars did produce some goodies. So did the halves

Dollars-
2- 1979P near date errors, almost mint condition. (my book has these listed at $70 in MS)
2- 1979S not proofs though
1- 1980S also not a proof
1- 2010P sacajewea

Halves-
4- 40%, I was hoping for more, but it's better than none. Puts my silver streak to 11 in a row now.
 
Upvote 0
Re: streak still alive, barely

Nice streak you for going on! Hopefully you can keep it up. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
 
Re: streak still alive, barely

Nice score. Your streak is doing well. You have to get to 24 to break my old record. Hope you do it.
rileyboy
 
Re: streak still alive, barely

Riley, it would be an honor to even come close to hitting 24. I still can't believe my streak is still going. There have been several hunts where I have barely hung on. I'm hoping to hit a few jackpots before it's over though. I haven't ever really had a huge score, I've had some pretty big ones though. I hope you hit some good rolls too Riley
 
Re: streak still alive, barely

Would love to see some pics of the wide-rim/near date SBA. Nice cull on the silver.
 
Re: streak still alive, barely

u might b geting a little spoiled, 4 silvers is pretty good in my book!
keep it up and hh!
also, if possible i agree w/ pics of the susy's, thanks!
 
ok, got some pics here for ya. The top pic is just the 4- 40% halves I was lucky enough to pull.

The 2nd pic down has both of the Near date errors (the bottom one and the top left) with a regular Susan B s mint (top right) to show the difference in the rims.

The third pic shows me holding a near date error and a regular Susan B so you can again see the difference. The near date being on the left.

The 4th pic shows me holding both of the Susan B near date errors, the one on the right is in great shape, the left one just has slight wear on it.

You can really tell the error by focusing on the 9's in the date, there is just a tiny gap from the rim in the error coins, while the normal have a bit larger gap.
 

Attachments

  • coins 008.webp
    coins 008.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 181
  • coins 006.webp
    coins 006.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 181
  • coins 005.webp
    coins 005.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 181
  • coins 001.webp
    coins 001.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 191
Re: streak still alive, barely

Nice eye for the SBA. The one looks like she was in a bar fight with the nick on her cheek. Still doesn't matter, I keep all wide-rims. By the way, it isn't so much an error as a variety caused by the die. Most people won't bother with small dollars, but there is definite treasure to be found. The SBA that you showed, might fetch $8. Finding one's in MS63 and higher is difficult. The good thing is that they never circulated so you can stumble upon some very high grade specimens.
 
yeah, the on does have a nice nick on the cheek, but still worth keeping. The other one is in awesome shape. It was really hard to take good pics of these, the lighting was hard to get, the coins actually look a bit better to the naked eye. That seems to be the case with a lot of pics I've taken and posted, they never turn out as good as the coins look in person.
Either way, I will keep both of these, I hadn't found a near date, or wide rim Susan B yet, and I got 2 in one day. Down the road I'm sure the value will continue to rise, just have to see.
 
timbobwey said:
Either way, I will keep both of these, I hadn't found a near date, or wide rim Susan B yet, and I got 2 in one day. Down the road I'm sure the value will continue to rise, just have to see.

I have no doubt that they'll continue to rise. People would be wise to get them while they can. The last bill authorizing the Presidential Coin program had an amendment that included the recall and melting of SBA. The amendment was tossed, but it is only a matter of time. I keep all SBA wide-rims no matter the condition.
 
I buy Susan B's when I get the chance. I wouldn't mind going through another bag of dollars just to look for wide rims. There were a lot of the presidential dollars too, I pretty much tossed all those out right away. I focused on finding Wide rims, and the S mints. Some of the S mint Susan B's are worth even more than the wide rim.
 
Timbobwey,
Great finds and excellent photos. You are correct...most people don't search the SBA's for Near Dates. I have a few. There are plenty still out there. KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE!!
rileyboy
 
Thank you Riley, I didn't think I would find a Susan B wide rim, but it happened. It kind of makes me want to search more of them. I will do my best to keep the silver streak going. It's on tomorrow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom