What's new

streak to 17 with a great hunt (pics)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out and about running some errands. I had to drive to my township hall, we had some issues with our property taxes. While I was in the area, I stopped at a few banks. I got a total of $160 in halves.
When I left the 2nd bank, I noticed 2 of the rolls had dates on them. One said 60's, the other said 60's + 76's. I peaked into the end of one of those rolls, sure enough, it was silver.
I waited to get home to search them all, already knowing the streak was not in risk of falling. I opened these 2 rolls last. In one of the rolls from the first bank, out came a beautiful 62 Bennie. I think it's the nicest Franklin I've ever found, barely any marks on it. All the other rolls were just clad. I then opened the dated rolls. The one labeled 60's and 76's contained 13- 40%. All 67's and 68's. The other roll was all silver, 20-40% kens. I was hoping for some 90% in there, but I'll take it any day.
I found almost $100 worth of silver today, and I might have spent $3 in gas. But I was heading that way anyways, so it didn't even matter. The teller I got the silver rolls from said a woman dropped them off not more than 10 minutes before I bought them, and I got there at about 10AM. Here are some pics, hope you like
 

Attachments

  • rolls.webp
    rolls.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 362
  • coins sept 10  1.webp
    coins sept 10 1.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 372
  • coins sept 10.webp
    coins sept 10.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 374
  • bennie.webp
    bennie.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
Very nice score! I'm still waiting on one of those solid rolls. I think 6 40% in one roll is the best I have done so far.
 
This is the first time I've ever seen rolls dated earlier than 71, and at first I thought it was too good to be true. It was the real deal. I will be checking in at this bank more often, I know I was just there at the right time though. I did ask if many people buy halves from them , and she said hardly ever. She said they usually sit there for a few weeks till they ship them off.
This was my 3rd solid roll this year, and I've had quite a few that had 10 plus keepers in them now. It's nice getting a big score on such a small hunt. I usually search a lot more, but this beats searching a few boxes for a couple keepers.
 
Tim,
Great find. Pays to be at the bank early. Keep the streak going. You are getting close!
Ha!
rileyboy
 
I feel like after this score it's going to die down, but I hope it just keeps rollin in. My finds go in spurts, I'll have a really good find, then mediocre finds for a while.
I'm going to try and get ahold of some bags next week, of dimes and halves.
 
Good score, Streak is still going :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Nice score Tim, the streak lives on and the silver piles higher! HH.

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom