113.6 KB · Views: 372
  • head.JPG
    head.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 368
  • rev.JPG
    rev.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0
Another great post of some fantastic finds! Keep em coming!

Do you think the stubble is softer this year after all the rain, when I was out on sunday I noticed this and I know the field had not long been cut, it's usually a nightmare this time of year, keep it up TK 8)

tyre kicker said:
Do you think the stubble is softer this year after all the rain, when I was out on sunday I noticed this and I know the field had not long been cut, it's usually a nightmare this time of year, keep it up TK 8)

I wish it was, but the hot day dryed the clay on the surface & the stubble was difficult. All the rain has done is p*ssed off the farmers.

Nice finds Crusader! We are going through the same frustration as I detected a lightly plowed stubble field this evening, was tough going but it gave up an 1848 silver in good condition and 3 other coins. From this field I can see a Celtic fortress, Celtic and Roman graves and a castle ruin from the 1500s but, I just can't get the coil over anything old. HH, Mike

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds Crusader! We are going through the same frustration as I detected a lightly plowed stubble field this evening, was tough going but it gave up an 1848 silver in good condition and 3 other coins. From this field I can see a Celtic fortress, Celtic and Roman graves and a castle ruin from the 1500s but, I just can't get the coil over anything old. HH, Mike

You will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back