What's new

Studs?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I found these two studs at a spot that has only produced early 19th century finds in the past. They were found along with 2 double gilt buttons (shown), a smaller gilt button, the watch, and an 1801 Draped Bust Cent.

I have never seen these type of studs before. Did they come from the same garment (or body) as the other buttons?

Help please!
 

Attachments

  • 2009_05110013.webp
    2009_05110013.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 2009_05110015.webp
    2009_05110015.webp
    5 KB · Views: 205
  • 2009_05110011.webp
    2009_05110011.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2009_05110013.webp
    2009_05110013.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 2009_05110015.webp
    2009_05110015.webp
    5 KB · Views: 201
  • 2009_05110011.webp
    2009_05110011.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 227
one is more like for a canvas rain slicker or tent thus the heavy duty stud type design --the ringed ones are buttons for clothing
 
Upvote 0
I think rivets are used more often on pants, and buttons more often of shirts or jackets?
There's a lot I don't know about clothing!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom