What's new

stuff found in small section of 1770s home

indigo401

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
off the beaten path
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger (don't make fun)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stuff found in small section of 1770's home

found a $20 metal detector at a yard sale so I bought it and found all this stuff in my yard about 2-4 inches down
it is a bounty hunter gold digger, yeah yeah I know its a kids toy, but now I'm hooked and will buy a real MD soon
all the bottles were mixed in with broken glass pottery plates and jugs so I thought maybe a trash pit?
WP_20160414_10_39_05_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_41_16_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_43_10_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_45_05_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_46_38_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_47_06_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_47_22_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_49_30_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_49_55_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_52_24_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_53_34_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_53_48_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_54_13_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_56_18_Pro.webpWP_20160414_10_56_56_Pro.webpWP_20160414_11_56_50_Pro.webpWP_20160414_11_56_59_Pro.webp
 
Upvote 14
AWESOME coins and buttons!! Looks like you have one heck of a house there. Can't wait to see what else you are going to find. You are only scratching the surface.
 
Good haul.

I hope others note the 'batwing buckle' is mixed in with all the other 19th C horse related buckles.:thumbsup:
 
WP_20160414_12_57_45_Pro.webpso far the history I am certain of is the home was built in 1771 at first it was a pony express, then a post office, just before the civil war 1840's it was a saloon, with rumor of a brothel upstairs. I haven't really poked around inside the home yet but I did find a complete newspaper from the providence journal dated april 3 1886 sitting on a rafter in the basement while sweeping cobwebs
 
Last edited:
Good haul.

I hope others note the 'batwing buckle' is mixed in with all the other 19th C horse related buckles.:thumbsup:

That batwing buckle is really sweet. There was one just like it on the cover of the treasure mag a couple of months ago.

You got some other nice finds too. Well done sir.
 
Hey, don't knock the Bounty Hunter, it was my first detector, and guess what my first silver coin with it was? An 1876 seated dime! I didn't even know what a seated dime was lol! Nice haul!
 
Welcome to the addiction! Looks like you have an awesome place with loads of history. I think you will be detecting that for years, as you upgrade machines. btw, my buddy had a BH for his first detector and he quickly got a seated half dime and a draped bust large cent. happy hunting.
 
this is a very nice site.
I look forward to saving history, one beep at a time & building memories along the way
 
Fed nice finds. Semi key Indian head
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom