What's new

Stumped by fossil

deaves

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Colborne, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone able to recognize what is in this fossil I found today along Lake Erie? It was the only one I found like this and I can't tell what I'm looking at. thanks for any help you might be able to offer!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    438.3 KB · Views: 237
Solitary coral
 
Just a long shot, but could it be to bones connected by a joint in the middle?
 
Devonian coral mishmash. The stick-like bit might be another species of coral or something else, but not bones. There are some neat things to be found on the Great Lakes shores!
 
Coral. It's been replaced by Quartz and the middle is worn.
 
It does curve around at the top left.
 
Deleted by author.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom