Stupid Question

Banks are private property. I would suggest you get permission first.

Well yeah for sure

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

you will only find clad, I like old stuff

In "the city" you will usually come across a homeless person or two scouting the drive through areas of restaurants,banks,etc. in search of those lost coins. Lots of pavement around them too...now, if you could find an old rural bank that has some yard and hasn't been converted to a Taco Bell....you might be in the game for older stuff. It'd be a rough go to even find such a place though, and as stated, permission would be needed.
Old service/gas stations that had pay phones and a bit of turf around them would also be a good one to look out for, if you're in that kind of area. Again, permission from the current owner please....

All the banks around here seem to like to have concrete, asphalt and lots of landscaping with little grass. Not much to detect and if I got permission, I don't think I'd be messing with the landscaping much. Good way to get unpermitted fast. I see only clad around most anyway with the turn of the ground with construction. Would rather know where all the dirt that was on top in the first foot or so ended up when it was hauled off to check that. Across from bank I use was the old Moose lodge, used to be on a hill. They leveled it to put in a large gas station/minimart. Really like to know where that dirt went. That is where you find the old stuff. Good luck if you do get to hunt!

My buddy and I hunted a sidewalk tearout in front of an old bank. My buddy found a real nice Barber dime worth about $200. It must have fallen down through the cracks in the concrete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back