Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inquiring about adding a new forum page section: Scuba Diving

Any hobbyist/recreational divers who search and find things in rivers, lakes, etc. here?

Don't know how many recreational divers are on the forum site but there are divers who search rivers and lakes finding cell phones, jewelry, guns, and other valuables, yes they find junk to but still would be nice to see others here who are into the hobby and them posting their finds as well. :dontknow:

I am an Advanced Open Water Diver and working on five specialties, (2 more to go), then going for Rescue Diver, then Dive Master and been diving for a little over a year now. Since I have been diving I have found and recovered a diving rope spool with inflatable dive flag, knives, sunglasses of course, and recovered a wallet with $500 in it and a set of keys someone dropped at their boat dock. No I didn't keep the wallet with money I was paid to retrieve it and the keys. Still cool finds!

Of course, ocean diving I have found dead sand dollars the size of my hands at 100ft down on the ocean floor! Live ones as nig as 24 inches! Yeah, I never thought they got that big! Sorry, I haven't found any lost or sunken treasures yet!

Also, with the new forum page any people that are in the same area locations can link up and dive together.

Just a suggestion? :dontknow:

Last edited:

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
inquiring about adding a new forum page section: Scuba Diving

Any hobbyist/recreational divers who search and find things in rivers, lakes, etc. here?

Don't know how many recreational divers are on the forum site but there are divers who search rivers and lakes finding cell phones, jewelry, guns, and other valuables, yes they find junk to but still would be nice to see others here who are into the hobby and them posting their finds as well. :dontknow:

I am an Advanced Open Water Diver and working on five specialties, (2 more to go), then going for Rescue Diver, then Dive Master and been diving for a little over a year now. Since I have been diving I have found and recovered a diving rope spool with inflatable dive flag, knives, sunglasses of course, and recovered a wallet with $500 in it and a set of keys someone dropped at their boat dock. No I didn't keep the wallet with money I was paid to retrieve it and the keys. Still cool finds!

Of course, ocean diving I have found dead sand dollars the size of my hands at 100ft down on the ocean floor! Live ones as nig as 24 inches! Yeah, I never thought they got that big! Sorry, I haven't found any lost or sunken treasures yet!

Also, with the new forum page any people that are in the same area locations can link up and dive together.

Just a suggestion? :dontknow:
Would be great but it's such a small niche group. Some other groups I've been on over the years had beach & SCUBA combo groups. Even within my dive community it's difficult to find dive buddies that are interested (although being 7 hrs from the ocean and murky local lakes could be a factor. :) ) Would be interesting though for discussions on equipment & gear, techniques, finds, etc. Hope someone is listening. Personally I have 4 UW detectors , two I got specifically for UW detecting.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNet already has WAY too many forum categories now. Some of them are only visited once a week or so. Unless TNet decides to toss some of the dead categories, adding another one seems like a bad idea to me.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most divers i know just post on the beach and shallow water forum
maybe they should retitle it to Beach and water hunting
you might get some replys if you post there
I own hookahs and a snuba set up
i mostly use a mask and snorkel

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the idea by itself, but Diving is a sub forum of the shipwreck forum.
Jon 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread