What's new

Suggestions for Scale Purchase

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to purchase a good scale at a reasonable price. Since I am a newby, I just have the hardest time (perhaps old age is the factor) determining what is what. I know I need something with grams. I would not know a Kennedy silver if it bit me in the . . . without the dates, that is. Plus, I would like to weight pennies (1982), for example.

That's about all I know what to ask for. Most likely, I don't know what questions to ask.

Any suggestions for where and what I should purchase?
Thanks! apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Harbor Freight has them on sale CHEAP.... and has a web sales site.....HH Gayle
 
Go to ebay and type in "jewelry scale", they start at less than $10 and go up. Read the descriptions and you show find one that meets your needs without needing to pay much.
 
I got a real nice one on eBay for $20. I bought it for the pinewood derby, but it has come in handy otherwise.
 
I bought mine on eBay. You want one that weighs in hundreths of ounces, not tenths. Most come from Hong Kong. It takes a couple weeks but they're cheap and work really good.

JasonB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom