What's new

Summer job????

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
any ideas for a summer job for a 14 year old? :dontknow: i want to get one but i want something interesting :help: any ideas? :help: :help: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: ;D
 
Nowadays anything you can do to make money is interesting, considering making money is your objective.
 
Red James cash said:
Nowadays anything you can do to make money is interesting, considering making money is your objective.
Red has my vote on this one,, I don't remember having the interesting choice at that age.. Hmmmm. Hey Dad? Why didn't I have the interesting Choice? Oh yea, I guess I wanted things :laughing9: I believe I got to buck hay, paint fences,, oh yea rebuild pallets. And i got to work cows and farm for free.. Oh man I miss those days when I didn't have to worry bout food.
 
Seldom does a dream job come along, especially at your age colorado14er. Take what you can get and do your best. One open door usually leads to others.
 
Well since spring time is here. You could tille gardens, cut grass. paint fences. help clean out someone garage or basement. Do what you can put a ad in the paper saying what you can do and see what happens. Good luck......Matt
 
Keep in mind you can,t work at most places without working papers qwhoch you can get at 16. Many gave you some good ideas, but the best job is the one yoi create for yourself. Think of yourself as a business and sell a service.
 
My granddaughter lived in Colorado and was able to work at Mc Donalds at age 15. Don't know what minimum age is. She ended up on the cash register. You probably won't find that interesting now but the experience you gain there would be priceless. Plus you can go through the change and look for silver coins! :icon_thumleft: PS......ALL the girls like a guy that can spring for a movie once in a while too. ;D
 
packerbacker when I grew up in NYC, it was 16, then you could get working papers
 
in florida its 14 years of age so im good :wink: thanks for all the tips and ill see what i can find this summer ;D
 
Check with the local golf courses.....sometimes they employ summer help. Or with your community park manager......
 
If you want something interesting to do ask around at construction sites. A lot of times they will pay you to clean up and they will teach you a few skills along the way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom