What's new

Sunday 2-19-12 Dig Find

Bagman13

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
125
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone

Had a slow day this past Sunday on the river, but managed to come up with a nice one :icon_thumright:
I'm not sure of the type? Snyders maybe?
I'd appreciate an id if anyone could chime in?
It was a fun day and the weather was great. So crazy to be late-Feb. and really no need of a jacket while out.....

Good luck and happy hunting.........
 

Attachments

  • 02 19 12 White River Finds1.webp
    02 19 12 White River Finds1.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 588
  • 02 19 12 White River Finds2.webp
    02 19 12 White River Finds2.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 586
  • 02 19 12 White River Finds3.webp
    02 19 12 White River Finds3.webp
    265.5 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0
very nice, is the material jasper?
 
flintmel said:
very nice, is the material jasper?

Thank you very much flintmel.

I'm not sure of the material?
I'm about as bad on material as I am on point typology.....
Now you've got me curious on the material as well :whip2:
 
Nice find. Looks to be out of a tabular flint. Could be a Hopewell related point. Might be a little earlier though, late Archaic into early Woodland. Either way it'd in the case for me.
 
Hutch in PA said:
Nice find. Hoping to find one of those in my screens next weekend!

Thanks Hutch!

I was reading your last post about sifting.
Don't worry.....you'll find a suprise in your screen pretty soon I'm sure :icon_thumright:

At one of my spots, I hit an area that was gangbusters then went totally cold.
Discouraging, but what can a person expect? I guess that's part of the fun of it.
Just that my ground is so hard, I've been too lazy to start a new hole, but I know I'll get in another good spot with a little elbow grease, a sore back, and patience :tard:
 
thats a sweet one. Good Luck. JYD...
 
Awesome point!....nothing better than seeing that outline atop your screen,right then you know what ya got,my shelters are a bit too wet to sift right now,its killing me,gonna try one of my better ones out next weekend though.
 
Sifter!! i have not seen any photos of your shelters so i talking like somebody has sifted there dirt right under the drip line on dug inside sheter untill pit is under drip line. eather way rain water will be led inside shelter. if this matchs your shelters a little shovel or hoe work will turn water out side insted of inside. shelters stay dryer and you can show us more artifacts. let me know if this helps or need more info. Terry
 
Very nice point! Eastern type not familar? Old digger.
 
yea tmodel,alot of the shelters i dig have been dug by others in previous years as alot of my digging is done at or outside the drip line ,havent dug since last fall some of my pics are on previous posts a couple pages back as for the shelters i havent posted any pics of them but the best one is posted on my facebook under the name janson rowan,if ya wanna check it out.
 
tmodel said:
Sifter!! i have not seen any photos of your shelters so i talking like somebody has sifted there dirt right under the drip line on dug inside sheter untill pit is under drip line. eather way rain water will be led inside shelter. if this matchs your shelters a little shovel or hoe work will turn water out side insted of inside. shelters stay dryer and you can show us more artifacts. let me know if this helps or need more info. Terry

I appreciate the info tmodel!
I've got a spot that fits the bill and will take your advice on drying it out a little :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom