What's new

Sunday Afternoon Hunt

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone,

I had a bit of time to play in the dirt at that very productive elementary school. Today, I covered a 60’ x 10’ area with a small hill, not far from a basketball court. A total of 105 coins were recovered from this area with only 2 pieces of junk… Amazing! I believe this site has never been detected before. I am looking forward to finding the silver/gold jewelry that must be lost there.

I also found a Dwight D. Eisenhower presidential token, bracelet clasp, pin backing, lock, iron ring and a tiny silver cross on the surface of the playground.

Thanks for looking,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00823.webp CAM00824.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
Nice finds!! Congrats and HH
 
Looks like a great way to spend a Sunday! That's a lot of holes to dig. Nice work!
 
With a yield like that from a 10'x60' area, I have a feeling that site will feel your footsteps again!! Nice digs!!
 
Great finds! Keep em coming!
 
That is a ton of digging for a small area. Way to go, awesome hunt!
 
Congrats on the clad haul Doc. :occasion14: Looks like you'll be hunting that site for a while. Looking forward to seeing the gold you pull from there.
 
Good hunt with a lot of targets, Nice...
 
Nice hunt. My wife is a school teacher. She moved to a new school a few years ago. Me and the boys pounded the old school even found a gold ring. Havnt been to a playground for a few years . The other day my wife says a girl in her class lost a sentimental necklace. I have a rare permission from my wife to "please go detecting". This week while the kids are on vacation I am looking so forward to detecting with my boys. Hopefully we will find the necklace. I am hoping it is a playground like yours. Full of coins hardly any trash!!
 
Wow, Doc--look at all that mullah!! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom