Sunday Dig Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 6 hours digging Sunday. Never found anything exciting. I did find two tips which I will have to look in my broke box for a match. Always find lots of pottery. The tube looking thing I believe to be a fossil. The pink piece seems to be a point turned scraper. Some broken knives. And some other rocks I had to stick in my pocket. Thanks for the look!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Keith, the tube looking thing may actually be a Fulgerite which is formed when lightning hits sand and fuses it together. I have a spot on the Ohio River where I find a few of these every now and then.

How can you stand to dig with it being so hot. You digging at night or very early in the morning?

Im really new at all this and was wondering what that is? First row third one over I have so many of them they are every where out here? I have a lot of rocks mainly tools and such but being you have a pic up thought I would ask. My camra is loaned out so Im unable to post any pics. Thank you
Jennifer

Yeah I was really drenched when I left their Sunday. The temp was over 90 when I quit round 4. I dug in the shade also. The weekend before when I posted the knife I was staying at the cabin overnight, but arrived about a hour before sunset. I started a fire, and then went to my dig spots. I had a small led light which worked great. Around mid night a nasty storm blew in and put my fire out. And me out of the night dig. I may try the overnight thing soon. The bugs are lite, and you use more of your other senses when digging blindly. You only have to use your light to ID each rock that you find. A well lite moon can help also. Thanks for the reply/post.

I believe it is a small thumb scraper because of the dog leg left on it Jennifer. However it could be a flake. I like the material so I brought it home. Keith.

Keith, go to WalMart and buy you one of the Headlamps they sell. They are only around $15 and they light everything up really well plus it keeps both hands free. I use one when I night hunt and crawl through the Ft Ancient sites.

I have a couple of headlamps. And a Ft. Ancient site that needs to be hunted at night. But its not where I' m digging. This Artifact finding is starting to get a little crazy! Thanks for the advice. Keep rock-in!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back