Sunday evening dime box & week totals

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Sunday evening dime box & week totals

I picked up a dime box Saturday to save for today and I wasnt disapointed found 1959 D, 1960 D, 1964 D and a strange find 2005 Russia 10 Kopeks . This brings my week total to 27 silver dimes , 12 40% halves the dimes have been good to us this week as have the halves.

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Re: Sunday evening dime box & week totals

santafeboy said:
I picked up a dime box Saturday to save for today and I wasnt disapointed found 1959 D, 1960 D, 1964 D and a strange find 2005 Russia 10 Kopeks . This brings my week total to 27 silver dimes , 12 40% halves the dimes have been good to us this week as have the halves.

Nice box on the dimes. Dimes seem to have gotten better of late for me. Cross my fingers. After a terrible December, this month has been better. I got 3 in my last box. You do a lot more dimes than me. I asked about the Dunbar deal and found out that certain BoA branches still use Brinks but most have switched to Dunbar. I just use the ones that are Brinks for clear wraps and stick to them. Have you done any of those Dunbar boxes yet? Just curious whether they're any different other than the extra work to peel the paper. I still don't get why people will do paper wrapped rolls of dimes. Otherwise, you might as well be doing nickels.

Strange every time I ask for CWR of halves, they don't have any or I only see clad in their tray.

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100

Ive done a few Dunbar paper wraps so far out of 3, 2 were solid 2011s YUK! the other was mixed and sucked too. Ive noticed the Dunbars and plastic wraps are in the same style boxes however the Dunbar boxes are sealed in clear tape the plastic wrap boxes are sealed in paper tape. So far only 2 of my regular banks have switched to Dunbars, like you I like the speed of searching plastic wraps. The dimes as I posted have been good for the last week so I plan on really hitting them hard and try and mine this silver vein dry I think my half finds were just being in the right bank at the right time. They in general are very hard to find and mostly I get from teller trays clad junk

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

santafeboy said:
Ive done a few Dunbar paper wraps so far out of 3, 2 were solid 2011s YUK! the other was mixed and sucked too. Ive noticed the Dunbars and plastic wraps are in the same style boxes however the Dunbar boxes are sealed in clear tape the plastic wrap boxes are sealed in paper tape. So far only 2 of my regular banks have switched to Dunbars, like you I like the speed of searching plastic wraps. The dimes as I posted have been good for the last week so I plan on really hitting them hard and try and mine this silver vein dry I think my half finds were just being in the right bank at the right time. They in general are very hard to find and mostly I get from teller trays clad junk

If I get a box of what looks to be all new coins, I don't even open them. Just not take them while there or swap them for clear wrap. The Dunbar rolls I've seen for dimes have a paper tape with diagonal string wrap seal and the boxes come in $250 not $500. The paper wrap is sealed and has a Dunbar logo on it. Everytime, I've seen Dunbar boxes, I turn them down. I did get a penny Dunbar box to do once because I can re-use the paper wraps for my copper cents. I like to re-crimp wrap them at the ends just like the way they came and I store them away. On one note, if you're hitting the dime boxes hard, try to do a swap. I don't like it when they ship my dumps out. You're down there so it doesn't matter and we won't have to worry about picking up each other's dump boxes or crossing paths. I prefer it so that the dumps be given out to merchants instead. Don't want any more dumps in the chain if you know what I mean. I guess if you are really doing quantity, it may be hard to avoid. I hope that the dime vein doesn't dry up. That would be bad. What else is left? Nickels? LOL

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100

Ive got one bank where the Merchant teller lets me buy sometimes 2 boxes at a time search them and then bring them back to her! ( her idea ) she then sells them to the business users. Another merchant teller likes the plastic wraps and lets me trade them for all the cwrs he has on hand ( I just have to make sure he is there when I dump) Other than that I wonder if maybe Im polluting my waters and getting some of my dumps back

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

santafeboy said:
Ive got one bank where the Merchant teller lets me buy sometimes 2 boxes at a time search them and then bring them back to her! ( her idea ) she then sells them to the business users. Another merchant teller likes the plastic wraps and lets me trade them for all the cwrs he has on hand ( I just have to make sure he is there when I dump) Other than that I wonder if maybe Im polluting my waters and getting some of my dumps back

That's the best way to dump dimes. I try to have a rotation going with a banks in the area. Busy ones can take more. I don't know how many banks you have in yours but I always try to swap. Most of the time, most banks are cool with it. If I go out of the area for something like San Jose for instance, I will hit the local bank up for swaps. Although I hadn't been to San Jose in a while, I don't know which use Brinks or Dunbar there. Of course, I don't do as many boxes as you do but hey you have more silver dimes than I probably have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread