What's new

Sunday Hunt at Lake Conroe Park

myelo1023

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
343
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Hey all. I am thinking of heading to Lake Conroe Park on 105 tomorrow and wanted to know if any of you North Houston guys want to join me. Shaw said he is too "busy"....just cuz he has to build his new fence, remove trees, and fix hurricane damaged stuff is no excuse in my book :icon_scratch:...but what are ya gonna do??? Probably head down there around 9 am "or so"...depends on when I get up! Just let me know...pm or post.
 
Sorry Susan,

I would like to have gone but we displayed my pens at the Market Street art show Saturday and after a 12 hour day in the heat is was all I could do to drag myself out of bed by 9am today. I am free next Saturday if anyone wants to go but tied up Sunday until noon. Monday (a week) I leave for two weeks for corporate meetings in California and the diving trade show in Vegas. Keep me posted.
 
scubamike said:
Sorry Susan,

I would like to have gone but we displayed my pens at the Market Street art show Saturday and after a 12 hour day in the heat is was all I could do to drag myself out of bed by 9am today. I am free next Saturday if anyone wants to go but tied up Sunday until noon. Monday (a week) I leave for two weeks for corporate meetings in California and the diving trade show in Vegas. Keep me posted.

Hey Mike, you didn't miss anything. I show up at the park and there are like 6 guys already in the water hunting...so I left and went to a public ramp off 1097......national park...figures...ended up going to the motorcycle park on 45..nothing but some clad...and now I can't hear. Pretty much a wasted day. :tard:
 
Hey, you got out, beats mowing grass. My great hunt ended with 1 clad quarter, 5 pennies(no wheats) and 1 brass whistle. Can't figure out why this park won't give up anything old, had alot of activity in 1910 - 1940. Might be the fact that its loaded with alum screw caps and tabs and I'm getting lots of masking.
 
There were lots of detector users back in the late 1970's to mid 1980's that dug up lots of the silver coins. There are still some silver coins out there, and with the newer detectors made in the last 25 years and less, they will detect a bit deeper. Dig the trash and could be silver is below it.

There is no such thing as a hunted out place. :wink:
 
sqwaby said:
Hey, you got out, beats mowing grass. My great hunt ended with 1 clad quarter, 5 pennies(no wheats) and 1 brass whistle. Can't figure out why this park won't give up anything old, had alot of activity in 1910 - 1940. Might be the fact that its loaded with alum screw caps and tabs and I'm getting lots of masking.

What park are you referring to?
 
I was "busy" building my new fence! I have not MDed in over 5 days and I look at MD all day while I am in the office. I really thought that that park would have brought you your first gold!

Anyway I am ready to get back soon and ready for next Sunday.
 
scubamike said:
Sorry Susan,

I would like to have gone but we displayed my pens at the Market Street art show Saturday and after a 12 hour day in the heat is was all I could do to drag myself out of bed by 9am today. I am free next Saturday if anyone wants to go but tied up Sunday until noon. Monday (a week) I leave for two weeks for corporate meetings in California and the diving trade show in Vegas. Keep me posted.

Hey Mike, What are you displaying? Pens of what type?
 
thought you guys knew I made pens. Don't wanna be commercial here but since all I do is show em on www.xanga.com/pensbymike. I guess it's OK. I'd sooner be out MD'n but this can buy me toys. Sold $1095 last week end.

If i am in violation in this post please let me know. I don't wanna sell anything i just want to hunt!
 
scubamike said:
thought you guys knew I made pens. Don't wanna be commercial here but since all I do is show em on www.xanga.com/pensbymike. I guess it's OK. I'd sooner be out MD'n but this can buy me toys. Sold $1095 last week end.

If i am in violation in this post please let me know. I don't wanna sell anything i just want to hunt!

Nice weekend sales Mike, I am sure that there are no issues with that and you have never said anything about it.

I really like the dark laminate - shoot me a PM on your price for a pen like that would ya. I used to carry a sword to my meetings but then I heard that old saying so you know the rest. Is that a fine point?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom