What's new

Sunday hunt. Close call with a heart attack!

The Buzzard King

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
643
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Talk about gettin' the blood pumping!
I got out to the woods for a few hours again today, and made a very interesting find.
A small bank container of some sort. I don't know exactly what it is.
Whether it's a container from a bank, or someone's personal piggy-bank.
It's about 3 inches by about 4 1/2 inches in size.
And it looks like it had a slotted top for depositing coins into.
Any help on a positive I.D. would be greatly appreciated.
I found it about 12 inches deep, between 2 rocks.
BELIEVE ME, I CHECKED THE ENTIRE AREA, and found nothing else in the immediate vicinity! :'(
The number "45" on it makes me think it was something a store or bank used, and not a piggy-bank.
Also I found a 1918 Merc, very deep, like 9-10 inches, and a 1903 Injun, at only about 5 inches.
I found both coins before I found the bank thing. As well as a small handful of wheaties.
Thanks for lookin'. Happy Holidays! TBK.
 

Attachments

  • December 14th 2008 123.webp
    December 14th 2008 123.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,750
  • December 14th 2008 131.webp
    December 14th 2008 131.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,763
  • December 14th 08 002.webp
    December 14th 08 002.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,755
  • December 14th 2008 140.webp
    December 14th 2008 140.webp
    55 KB · Views: 1,751
Upvote 0
I almost had a heart attack reading your post BK!! The pics loaded slowly and I fugured the little bank was full of silver. Great finds anway. WTG and maybe next time the kitty will be full. HH.
 
real nice find i guess its up to you to fill it with silver.
 
Nice find. I would also go back and search some more. Who knows it may have been thrown to that spot.
 
omg i live in lockhaven pa !!!!! that is so awesome my name is mike i just got into the hobby get back at me we can do some hunting ! that container is from the town i live in ! like i said get back at me this area is so rich in history
 
WTG, nice coins and find on the bank. There should also be a small round hole near the bottom on the side, it was used for rolling up paper bills and shoving them inside..........NGE
 
I grew up in Macomb County, moved there in 1968. I don't remember that bank at all. Must have been before my time.

Great coins, BTW.

DM
 
SUPER FIND. CONGRATS.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom