What's new

Sunday hunt not much but who cares

dirtyJohn

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
643
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a site that I've hunted before for a few hours. I think I've done all the easy pickin I can. I think It's time for the small DD coil next time. It's just full of nails but I found a Barber Half and barbers there before.

Here's what I got today. The only decent finds were a worn out 1917 merc, a thimble with some writing around it that I can't make out and another "Heart throb token" (makes the 2nd from this site) and a silver ring in good shape that says 925 in the band.

I found my fair share of junk to. Nails, watch piece, handle to an old shaving razor, lead and so on.

Thanks for reading
HH
John
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0308 copy.webp
    DSC_0308 copy.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0307 copy.webp
    DSC_0307 copy.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 231
Some cool stuff there, John!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like a good hunt to me!

Your small coil should really help you out at that place!
 
That Heart Throb token , I found about 300 of then one day in the garbage. My kids and I were driving around the neighborhood and tossing them out the window. I Re- found about 5 in my front yard and while across the street in the park I dug up about 10 of them from my kids throwing them around there....
 
Hey, been a long time since I've pulled a beehive out of the dirt. They all look good to me John!

I'd love to get a ring like that and have it customized, maybe a mem cent cut to fit and mounted on it as a tribute to my md'ing legacy!

I'd like to post a Sam Kinison video to show you how much I care, but hey, this is a family site!

So there! Nice digs!
 
Kimsdad said:
Some cool stuff there, John!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like a good hunt to me!

Your small coil should really help you out at that place!
Thanks and you're right about the small coil. I'll break it out next time. :icon_thumright:
HH
John
D P Bob said:
That Heart Throb token , I found about 300 of then one day in the garbage. My kids and I were driving around the neighborhood and tossing them out the window. I Re- found about 5 in my front yard and while across the street in the park I dug up about 10 of them from my kids throwing them around there....
LOL, Now I know who to thank the next time I find one.
HH
John
Lowbatts said:
Hey, been a long time since I've pulled a beehive out of the dirt. They all look good to me John!

I'd love to get a ring like that and have it customized, maybe a mem cent cut to fit and mounted on it as a tribute to my md'ing legacy!

I'd like to post a Sam Kinison video to show you how much I care, but hey, this is a family site!

So there! Nice digs!
Thanks Tim, I've got the perfect toasted mem for the job too.
HH
John
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Nice digs John
Thanks Buddy.
HH
John
 
That looks like of of my recent hunts,,, minus the silver that is...

Nice ring :thumbsup:
 
Any day you get out is a great day!

Congrats on the Merc and the other items!
 
Nice saves, John. The smaller coil should make a big difference at this place. Like the ring, by the way.

HH
 
litefire56 said:
That looks like of of my recent hunts,,, minus the silver that is...

Nice ring :thumbsup:
LOL, I hear you on that. Most of my recent hunts haven't been anything to write home about either. Good finds always happens when you least expect it from my experience.
HH
John
Pocket Spill said:
Any day you get out is a great day!

Congrats on the Merc and the other items!
Thanks and Amen to that.
HH
John
scrounger d detector collector said:
hey u kno we care. also ANY silver found is a good hunt.

much less 2x silver. u say not much i say great
Thanks. I know you can't win em all and I'm happy with what I found. I think all these seateds being found recently on here have made me antsy.
HH
John
desertfox said:
Nice saves, John. The smaller coil should make a big difference at this place. Like the ring, by the way.

HH
Thanks, I'm going to definitely bring it with me next time I hunt this site. It's so naily it's practically impossible to hunt without a smaller coil.
HH
John
 
Sweet ring & dime!

Does the ring fit? :D
 
watercolor said:
Sweet ring & dime!

Does the ring fit? :D
On my pinky
HH
John
 
There's just something about a really worn merc that wets my whistle. I'd take one of those any day of the week. Like the silver ring too.
 
D-Dub said:
There's just something about a really worn merc that wets my whistle. I'd take one of those any day of the week. Like the silver ring too.
Thanks, the rings in pretty decent shape too.
HH
John
 
Awesome hunting bud!!! :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom