What's new

sundays massive roman bronze coin find

oldbenny

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
weymouth
Detector(s) used
xpp goldmaxx 2 garrett at pro mienleab excailbur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out and about with a few friends in Somerset southwest England on a site that has given me a load of roman coins over the last few years when a mate called out that he had a "FEW ROMAN" this is what he found 280 roman bronze coins DSC07653.webphoard 2.webphoard 1.webphaord 3.webp all in fair condition he has reported this to the local FLO
 
Upvote 40
outstanding.gif
WOW! Thanks for sharing...
 
no problem thought I would show you guys the finds I have been detecting for years never found a hoard like that it was great to see come out of the hole
 
Now that's a great find, congrats to your mate for finding the hoard. Thanks for sharing it also.
 
Nice digs. W0W
 
Holy cow, Great find !!!!:occasion14:
 
:occasion14: have a pint on me
 
yes he had to take it to the local police station to record the find as treasure will have to wait now for a court to decide what they do with the coins
 
And to think, I get fired up when there's 2 IH in a hole.

'grats
 
A really unique moment. It looks deep? :notworthy:
 
yep it ended up about two feet deep and about two feet wide in the end but well worth it :hello2:
 
incredible!!! cheers to you and your bud.
 
Dad & I have had over 1000 bronzes in 1 field but its still not the same as 280 in one hole!

Its my wishlist no.1 & most peoples dream find - CONGRATS!
 
WOW! Nicely done! Fantastic finds and thanks for sharing.
 
If I found something like that , I would be as happy as a pig in## shlizt,you know the old beer from years ago !!vanzutphen
 
simply amazing.

Cheers,

Buck
 
Did the Romans just fling their coins all over the place or what? I can't find that much clad around here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom