What's new

Sunflower season

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took these yesterday morning as I felt like going out for a bike ride before the temperatures climbed up into 90s. The sunflowers are blooming everywhere and I see there's the return of the yellow Gold finches just now beginning. At an old reclaimed coal mine site, I stopped to watch this fella attempting to build a shelter out of old blankets. It probably didn't hold up to well, due to some pretty strong winds really kicked up around 8 o'clock last night. Most the homeless around here have a tent. The thrift stores always have small tents for like 10-12 bucks. This fella had a litte budget brand looking ebike leaned up against that old concrete block he's using for the foundation to his house. I'm thinking he probably charges it up at a industrial park behind me, as there are some outdoor outlets he can plug into.
 

Attachments

  • 20250714_094141.webp
    20250714_094141.webp
    3.5 MB · Views: 170
  • 20250714_082014.webp
    20250714_082014.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
  • 20250714_082155.webp
    20250714_082155.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • 20250714_100008.webp
    20250714_100008.webp
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 97
Everything looked good until I saw the hobo. I see enough of those in NYC.
 
Everything looked good until I saw the hobo. I see enough of those in NYC.
They seem to come and go around here. Some pickup after they move on, but many don't and just leave a mess.
 
They seem to come and go around here. Some pickup after they move on, but many don't and just leave a mess.
That’s the problem. They either don’t leave and drain resources or they destroy the same beautiful environment with garbage & filth.
 
That’s the problem. They either don’t leave and drain resources or they destroy the same beautiful environment with garbage & filth.
It's concerning for sure. They'll move around here and there just to stay out of sight and out of mind. Most stores now have those wheel lock devices now on the shopping carts that locks the wheels when the cart is a certain distance away. Must be helping, as I'm seeing less shopping carts ditched here and there.
 
Here in Florida the governor made a law that passed. It is illegal to camp on public property. No tent cities, no camping in front of buildings, the owners can have you arrested. No one craps on the streets in Florida's city's.
 
That’s the problem. They either don’t leave and drain resources or they destroy the same beautiful environment with garbage & filth.
It's concerning for sure. They'll move around here and there just to stay out of sight and out of mind. Most stores now have those wheel lock devices now on the shopping carts that locks the wheels when the cart is a certain distance away. Must be helping, as I'm seeing les shopping carts ditched here and there.
Here in Florida the governor made a law that passed. It is illegal to camp on public property. No tent cities, no camping in front of buildings, the owners can have you arrested. No one craps on the streets in Florida's city's.
I watched two cops one being a female check on a tent pitch in a park and heard them holler to the person inside asking if anyone was in there. The fella inside said yes its occupied. He stuck his head out and said in a playing dumb way if it was against the law to camp where he was at. The male cop said Nope, there no law saying he couldn't camp there. I couldn't believe it, but you gotta understand how libtard Boulder county Colorado has their way of making a statement. I've driven in downtown Denver and seen the streets lined with homeless tents.
 

Attachments

  • 240112-denver-homeless-3-ew-1225p-76f838.webp
    240112-denver-homeless-3-ew-1225p-76f838.webp
    257.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Yeah we got those 'hoboes' up here in the high country. Why they wind up here I don't know. I'll visit with some of them, and some could probably hold a job and others, well maybe their family got tired of them and told them to hit the road. Worst things they do is start wildfires and get areas closed down to camping because of overuse and trashy campsites.
 
Yeah we got those 'hoboes' up here in the high country. Why they wind up here I don't know. I'll visit with some of them, and some could probably hold a job and others, well maybe their family got tired of them and told them to hit the road. Worst things they do is start wildfires and get areas closed down to camping because of overuse and trashy campsites.
Yeah kinda leaves you feeling if you ever find yourself down and out Colorado is the place to be. But if you do end up in that situation, don't go squatting on the far western slope. You won't be getting any handouts over there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom